Game concept that i would like some input on

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Frost, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Frost

Frost New Member

Hey guys im going to explain this the best I can.

I have an idea for a game that is completely focused about pvp and ranked play. The game is going to be kind of modeled after hexagon wars, a kind of retro neon collering on a black background Is the ideal graphics. We can have 4 map types and who knows, we may be able to implement some kind of terrain function. The point of the game is to level up your account (Its not easy to level) and climb up the ranked ladder. There is PvE to help you get better and then a PvP rank system. You can make a new ladder just for you and your friends but you will also be put on the global ladder in which you can only climb up by fighting the people on the ladder.

I like this idea it seems like a fun game to compete with friends and random strangers, there can be strategies and all kinds of tips and tricks people share.

Im flexible with the idea, hell it could end up like being a very **** game of risk.

Thanks,

Frost

2. Kenneth

Kenneth New Member

I personally like the idea of being able to create your own ladder to compete with friends, etc. It sounds like a great concept for a game but obviously the graphics and gameplay will need to be well executed to make the game work in the long term.

3. Frost

Frost New Member

Yea the idea is to keep it simple but i want the game to pretty much rely on all skill.

4. Isaiah

Isaiah New Member

I disagree about the graphics needing to be great. Old games like Diablo 2 had thousands of players for 10+ years, and it remained semi-popular because of many different aspects. The game had a story mode, many classes to choose from, many kinds of items, many kinds of skills, and allowed players to do pvp battles on any party of the campaign maps. It also included a ladder for character levels. The graphics were fairly good for being made in the year 2000, but many players chose to play it over other RPGs with better graphics because of the other good qualities it had.
    Hopefully you make your game unique enough to be worth playing regardless of graphic quality.