Fun with rapid prototyping...

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Ratboy, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Ratboy

Original Member

... in the stereolithography style. This is sorta kinda indie game development related, if you feel that the computer itself is only an optional part of the game.

My last few projects have been related to making miniatures for tabletop gaming. I've been building watertight starship meshes in Lightwave for stereolithographic 3D printing, and we've just started to get back the silver masters from the 3D printer service. Looky looky!

I have to say, there's something really remarkable about holding a physical object in your hands that was just a creatively arranged series of ones and zeroes before.

2. ggambett

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

3. Coyote

Indie Author

Okay. I can only echo what Gabriel said. That is just too friggin' cool...

4. Captain Nemo

Original Member

Which printer service are you using? I might be interested in this as well.

5. Ratboy

Original Member

We're doing it through Talon Games, with Reaper Minis doing the production casting. They've got a few of my own designs on low priority - when there's room in the printer setup, they'll go in.

6. Captain Nemo

Original Member

Thanks, I'll have a look at this!