Full time starting today

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by cliffski, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Savant

Original Member

If you don't mind dying, you could hold your breath while you wait.

2. simonh

Indie Author

I'm not surprised Black & White 2 didn't do very well. Too many people were disappointed by the first game to bother with the second one.

As for the Movies, I thought that might have done a little better, but I guess it was a rather strange mix of game + tool. Maybe if they'd released it as a tool, ie. '3D Movie Maker', it might have done better.

3. papillon

Indie Author

Did The Movies actually do badly or did it simply fail to live up to their enormous expectations of revolutionising the world of gaming, bringing casual, hardcore, and non-gamers together to explore the joy of movie-making, blah blah blah?

The pre-release hype was expecting it to be the second coming (typical for them :) ). I've always thought it sounded like a cool idea and something I'd like to play, but probably NOT the biggest mainstream hit ever.

4. berserker

Indie Author

Personally I don't care about Moulinex' games except Fable.
    Fable was fantastic. Somehow I got feeling about it being simple, interesting, and very fun. Pretty close to something I could consider casual RPG.
    ________
    Lincoln y-block v8 engine specifications

#64 berserker, Mar 2, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  5. arcadetown

Moderator Original Member

THIS IS THE BEST FREAKIN THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO YOU... SERIOUSLY!!

You're basically in the same situation I was 2 years back. Doing well with good multi income, side stuff doing well, afraid to go it alone, and bad work situation forces you to. A good swift kick in butt is a great motivator and ArcadeTown simply exploded in my face after I got serious. Within 6 months I was making more from just AT than all combined previously, and that was a small fraction compared to now.

6. Bmc

Bmc New Member

The Movies is an awful, awful game. Overcomplicated among other things.