from your experience what is the best html5 game engine in terms of free license also

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by umen, Mar 29, 2012.

1. umen

umen
    Expand Collapse

im looking to start and develop in html5 , i saw this list of html5 engines
    https://github.com/bebraw/jswiki/wiki/Game-Engines
    i have no experience in html5 and i dont know what to expect from such engine what do you think is the best engine , very important is it must to be open source license that can be used in commercial game.

2. Amirai

Amirai
    Expand Collapse

I'm a fan of construct 2. It's quick to get started, easy to use, flexible (can make any type of 2D game), fast (as javascript goes, anyway - using webgl for improved framerate as well), does a lot for you (minimizes garbage creation automatically to minimize/mostly eliminate garbage collection pauses by the browser), has a lot of options for export (phonegap, they're working on appmobi's directcanvas for improved rendering speed on mobiles, facebook, kongregate, chrome web store), is updated every week or two with a new version, has a very friendly community and active forum, and is frankly a ton of fun to use.

There's a free version as well if you want to try it out and see what you think.