Free OOD-program

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by kglarsen, Jan 28, 2011.

1. kglarsen

kglarsen New Member

I'm all new to software development, but I'm currently in the design process of a game that features a large database. Therefore I'm looking for a free software to use for creating my Object Oriented Design/Database.
    Can anyone recommend a software?
    The game is most likely going to be programmed in .Net

Thanks in advance!

2. Dri

Dri New Member

I don't really understand what you want, but if it's a UML diagram creation tool you talk about, NClass is made in .NET for .NET, and is quite good.
    And it can generate C# code as well.

3. jpoag

jpoag New Member

It's possible to use a UML Modeling Tool to design a database and generate SQL statements:

http://argouml-db.tigris.org/

I'm certain somewhere there should be something that would create C# code (I found one for java) to access the database. StarUML also generates C# code, but I don't see anything about DB schema modeling.

Otherwise, copy the SQL statements into your C# code for querying recordsets.

4. Bad Sector

Original Member

Assuming you use Windows, go to start menu -> programs -> accessories -> paint. It has all the tools you need: rectangles, circles, straight, curve and freeform lines, etc even colors :)

There are similar tools for Mac OS X and Linux.