[Free][Android] Beat.Me - A game that creates levels based on your music (my first game)

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by NFSS10, Apr 13, 2017.

1. NFSS10

NFSS10 New Member

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nfss10.Beat.me

Hello, this is my first published game, hope you like it !

Beat.Me is a game that uses the music in your device to create the game levels.

The player has to do damage/destroy the enemies and avoid being hit by them. The ship shoots at the rhythm of the music, and the game reacts to the beat too.

You gain extra points by destroying the enemies.

Please tell me what you think and what I can do better, hope you enjoy it, have fun and thank you ! :)

2. NFSS10

NFSS10 New Member

Update: Released the game.

3. NFSS10

NFSS10 New Member

UPDATE: version 1.0.0.1 released

Small UI bug fixed.

4. Toskigi

Toskigi New Member

Don't have a phone that can handle this (sadly it's a cheap phone that can hardly handle opening calculator), but from the video I'm actually impressed at the synchronization of the music with the shots the ship fires. It's very hard to find a game that actually keeps the aspects of the game in SYNC with the music, and I've done a lot of searching for a game that could do just that. From Osu!, where players have to create their own maps to fit the music, to Beat hazard, where there's hardly any synchronization at all... Then there's games that come close to it such as "Crypt of the Necrodancer" which basically only syncs to the "Beat" and can easily fall off of that rhythm. I'm impressed.

On another note however, the visual's are simplistic. While it's okay, it may not draw in the attention you may be wanting this game to have. Circles and Pentagons aren't exactly threatening, especially when your shots are quite large.

However, judging from what I've seen here, you've got something good going. Good job man! (Especially for your first game)

NFSS10 likes this.
  5. NFSS10

NFSS10 New Member

Thank you !
    Glad to hear that ! :D

I know, the visual's can be a lot better. I'm still learning how to do better aesthetics and animations.

Toskigi likes this.
  6. Toskigi

Toskigi New Member

Glad to be of use with feedback and stuff! Also, learning these things can take some time as I'm aware. I myself am an aspiring pixel artist. Perhaps some time down the road I could send you a few things if you ever need it once I get...good. Keep it up man! :)

7. NFSS10

NFSS10 New Member

8. NFSS10

NFSS10 New Member

UPDATE: version 1.1.0.0 released

Finally got some free time from school, should update the game more frequently now !!!
    Keep the feedback coming :D