Forming a team of indie game developers

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by gamesGeek, Feb 17, 2015.

1. gamesGeek

gamesGeek New Member

Because developing a full game is a hard task to do for one person, I finally decided to start a team of indie game developers to start creating indie games.

I will be contributing by taking the role of the lead programmer(unless a more experienced programmer decided to join the team) of the team. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that I have to make all the final decisions as we are a team and everyone has the right to contribute and reject ideas giving a valid reason behind his/her rejection of course.

My field of expertise:
    • I've been developing games for almost 2 years although I've never managed to finish a full game.
    • I'm experienced in using HTML,css,c#,Java,a bit of GML.
    • I know all the programming fundamentals(loops, if/else statements, arrays, etc...).
    • I managed to finish some prototypes in unity and game maker studio before.
    • I'm comfortable with using both game maker studio and unity3d IDEs.

Team members needed:
    I'm mainly looking for 2d graphics artitsts/animators. Although anyone who is willing to join is welcome.

Team Goal:
    The current main focus of the team is to start by developing and publishing a full working 2d platformer or top-down game.

Detailed explanation of the first project:
    As I mentioned we will start by developing a basic 2d platformer or top-down game. We will first start by writing a full design document for our game as I'm sure most of the team members would like to be part of the game design process(game mechanics, storyline, etc...).

First project deadline:
    As you might have guessed hence the project is simple the deadline will be between 1-3 months from now.

Game engine:
    We will be using game maker studio as the current engine of choice as it is easy to use and relevant for the size of our first game project. In our next project we might move to Unity3d.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that all revenue we make from our games will be split between team members equally.

#1 gamesGeek, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  2. Tega3

Tega3 New Member

I'm not a 2d graphic artist or animator, but I would be interested working in the team. I want to get experience within the Games Design aspect

3. gamesGeek

gamesGeek New Member

What is your speciality? And how will you be contributing to the project?

4. rumo

rumo New Member

5. gamesGeek

gamesGeek New Member

yes definitely.

Your welcome to join the team. I will pm you my details shortly.
    Keep in mind we will be communicating using Skype so if you don't have an account I suggest you create one.

By the way nice soundtracks.

6. Tega3

Tega3 New Member

Games Design. I can write up the games design document.

7. gamesGeek

gamesGeek New Member

If anyone interested here are some screenshots of some prototypes I've done before:

A 3D game named A stolen vesion:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A 2d shooter developed for testing purposes:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is a pong game prototype to demonstrate some of my skills:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?i06uncy88np64zq

Game controls:
    p to pause the game
    arrow keys for p1 movement
    w and s keys for p2 movement

Note:
    • All art assets used are not created by me
    • all these games are prototypes and in no way near finished

#7 gamesGeek, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  8. rumo

rumo New Member

Thank you!
    Great game concepts you posted here!

9. rhoadesshmoades

rhoadesshmoades New Member

10. gamesGeek

gamesGeek New Member

All is left now is an artist and the team will be ready to start working on the first project.