For submitting demos to steam, which is the best file share service to use?

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by Purplefacegames, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Purplefacegames

Purplefacegames New Member

Hey there

I'm nearly finished with my submission demo that I'm going to send out to valve and others, but i was wandering what was the best filesharing website to use if you cant spare the bandwith on your own website?

What one makes a good impression so to speak lol

Thanks for your thoughts

2. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

None of them - you'll look like a cheapskate whichever you use.

If you can't spare bandwidth then find yourself a better deal. Hostgator, for example.

3. Purplefacegames

Purplefacegames New Member

yeah i think your right :) cheers

4. Grey Alien

Indie Author

I agree with Desktop Gaming. If you send Steam you file via some free cheapo site with adverts that look like download buttons then I wouldn't be surprised if they don't open it. Ideally you should have a decent website with press info on it to back up the brand and have built some hype in the press before you submit anyway.

5. Stropp

Stropp New Member

If you're worried about bandwidth usage on your hosted website, consider using Amazon S3 to store and deliver your files. You'll still have to pay bandwidth charges but it will reduce the load on the server, and in the case of a lot of demand at one time will avoid your host suspending your website.