Foosball Maniac

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by nadam, Mar 8, 2009.

1. nadam

nadam New Member

A 'release candidate' of my new PC foosball game is available:

http://foosballmaniac.com/fmsetup.exe

Unless you find too much bugs the final version and the website will be available very soon. (in some days)

Game name: Foosball Maniac

Website: http://foosballmaniac.com (currently there is only a 'coming soon' logo.)

Screenshots:

Player menu:
    [​IMG]

During a match:
    [​IMG]

System requirements:

A PC with at least a Shader Model 2.0 compatible video card, Windows XP or Vista and an installed Directx 9.0c is required. For shadows (which are real-time soft shadows) Shader Model 3.0 is needed.

What kind of feedback I would like:

I appreciate any kind of feedback. Please tell me if you have found a bug. I am interested in how performant the game was on your configuration (in terms of frames per second). If you have feature ideas then please tell them: I might not put more (big) features into this 1.0 version, but we probably will create a sequel in the future...

As I am not a native english speaker I am also interested in any suggestions or spellchecks regarding the english text in the game. (opponent descriptions and help text). This will be also true for the text of the website, which is not published yet.

I am also interested in your opinions about the marketing possibilities of this game. (An interesting question: is it a casual game, or a niche game, or both?)

I hope that the game can be played intuitively without reading the help, but if you want to know about every little feature than I suggest to read the help in the game.

The setup installs an 'unlockable demo'. In the demo, only 2 from the 8 opponents are available. The first opponents are very easy, they are just for getting used to the control mechanism. On the other hand the last opponents are extremely strong: I've never beaten the last one (John 'the king'), although I am quite experineced in this game... If you also want to test the registered version, please tell me how can I contact you, and I will send you a personal registration key for free.

#1 nadam, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  2. Dyno Kid

Indie Author

The graphics look sharp and crisp, not played it so dont know how it plays but it certainly looks the part.

Has it got a 2v2 option (2 real players vs 2 comps) this would be fun imo and it's what we play on a rare night out in the local pub.

Darren.

3. nadam

nadam New Member

Thank you for the encouraging words.

We are planning a version 2.0 later, which will support multiplayer. We were thinking about only the 'one player vs. another player' option, but your idea is good, we should support it, and also the 2 player vs. another 2 player option.

Unfortunatelly in the current (1.0) version only one player can play the game (against the computer).

4. AlexWeldon

AlexWeldon New Member

Your pub has two foosball-playing robots? That's pretty cool.

5. Dyno Kid

Indie Author

Hehe well almost as its the barmaids we play against:)

Darren.

6. Sune

Indie Author

7. nadam

nadam New Member

Hmmm, even the colors and the name of the game is very similar. I have really never seen your project, so the similarity is accidential.
    (You use the mouse quite similarly, although the horizontal mouse movement results rod spin in the opposite direction. I am so much used to my game's horizontal mouse movement handling that I could not play yours for minutes.:) )

Can I ask you what was your experience: Is there a sufficient demand for computer foosball games on the market?

#7 nadam, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  8. Sune

Indie Author

The project was an attempt from us trying to get into the B2B market and sell licenses to companies that wanted their own branded game. Several times we have been very close to getting in at very big companies, but always failed due to bad luck.

Instead we have decided to focus on Tribal Trouble 2.