FlashDevelop vs Adobe Flash - Interested in any experiences

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by billy7777, Jan 11, 2011.

1. InfiniteStateMachine

But flashdevelop uses the Flex SDK (of which I use few features). I use breakpoints in flashdevelop all the time. I never use trace.

I haven't ever used Flex for UI stuff. I mostly do Flixel games in AS3 so I'm not even sure if Flashdevelop has a UI designer.

2. andrew

andrew New Member

+1, and I would add that the new prerelease version lets you publish to Android which works very well

Basically I would say if you have absolutely zero budget, try FlashDevelop. But if you can potentially spend the $249, FlashBuilder (which used to be called FlexBuilder) is great, and it's a real Adobe-supported product with all the features you'd expect out of something Eclipse/VisualStudio-like. It also has a 30-day free trial so you can always just try it out and see if you like it : http://www.adobe.com/products/flashbuilder/

- andrew

3. chanon

Indie Author

Cool to know that FlashDevelop has breakpoints support now .. haven't opened it in more than a year.