Flash trace statements not working

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by Battleline, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Battleline

Original Member

For some reason, I am no longer getting any output from my trace statements when I use Control -> Test Movie. Could I have turned my output off somehow? I tried restarting flash and restarting my machine. I've put trace statements in code I know is getting executed, but for some reason, my Output window remains empty.

Any suggestions?

2. bignobody

Indie Author

The first thing to do is make sure the "Omit trace actions" box is not checked off in the publish settings...

3. Battleline

Original Member

It is not checked.

My trace statements are at the beginning of my program, and in the _root.onEnterFrame.

Thanks.

4. bignobody

Indie Author

Weird. Never had that one. Which version of Flash are you using?

5. UnknownGuy

Original Member

Try sticking some traces before the onEnterFrame (unless you know the onEnterFrame is working from something happening).

6. Battleline

Original Member

I do have some trace statements before the onEnterFrame. I believe this started happening when I checked the "Omit Trace Statements" checkbox... but unfortunately, unchecking it does not seem to fix the problem :(

Weird huh

Thanks for the help