Flash 4k Game Competition Announced

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by urbansquall, Feb 6, 2009.

1. oNyx

Original Member

LOL. Over at the Java 4k compo most of us used a whole battery of obfuscators and compression tools.

Edit: Oh and some even used tools like Jasmin (a byte code assembler). Seriously, that stuff is part of the fun.

2. Bad Sector

Original Member

I think i tried a, b, c, etc before deciding to use the scheme i use and found it problematic. I don't remember exactly, but i think it introduced name collisions. Flash definitions bytecode is much simpler than Java bytecode.

Of course i could be wrong and the problem was from something else which i didn't had fixed then.

3. urbansquall

Original Member

4. Cartman

Indie Author

Great job on the contest. There were some good games, some mediocre, and some really that hit it out of the park. In the future it would be cool if you could allow for outside voting to include their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd picks. Might give you a better ranking. There were many that I thought could have been second place.

It's good to see such creativity is still out there.

5. urbansquall

Original Member

Thanks for the suggestion! And yeah, a lot of really mind-blowing entries. :)