First Timer seeks UI Designer/Artist

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (PAID ONLY)' started by John Rush, Nov 8, 2009.

1. John Rush

Original Member

I'm a programmer with no art skills. I have put together a functional Silverlight client/server multi-player game based on the "Greed" dice game. This is the first game I have considered finishing, so I have never been through dealing with a full set of art assets or an artist/designer.

I am looking for someone who can turn my (steampunk-themed) programmer art ideas into a good looking user interface or at least somebody who can move me forward from my bad-art to decent concept art.

I am not sure what I should expect to pay for some help, but I have taken the art/design about as far as I can on my own.

I have posted a power point deck of my rough ideas for anyone who is interested:
    UI Spec/Mockup (PPTX)
    UI Spec/Mockup (PDF)

I appreciate your patience, as I am quite new to this. I'll likely need to be educated as to a decent art/design process, timeline and cost. Please PM, if interested.

#1 John Rush, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  2. ryansumo

ryansumo New Member

Hi John, I'd love to see your powerpoint, but it's saved as pptx, which my Open office can't read. You think you could post a regular .ppt presentation for me and other folks like me? :)

3. hanfg

hanfg New Member

We are very interested. Our studio, Longshore studio is a dedicated 2D Concept Art and Vector Art outsourcing company founded in 2009 by a group of industry veteran from EA, UBisoft and Tose. We have 12 2D artists now and are specialized in web game art. Based in Shanghai, China we can offer fast production speed with highest quality and very low cost. If you are interested we will be glad to do some free test for you.

You can take a look at our website www.longshorestudios.com for more information and portfolios.

4. John Rush

Original Member

Thanks for the suggestion, ryansumo. I updated my inital post with a link to the same document in PDF format.