First screens of Azada: Ancient Magic

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Emmanuel, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Emmanuel

Moderator Original Member

Dear all,

We've updated the official site of the Azada franchise with screenshots, concept art and information about the upcoming new episode, Azada: Ancient Magic. There's a bit of the soundtrack in the Extras sections as well.

Best regards,
    Emmanuel

#1 Emmanuel, Jul 9, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  2. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Woot! C'est un miracle.
    (aren't you on holidays now!?)

3. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Cool! So it's not called Azada 2 then? Nick Newhard showed me a good chunk of the game when I was at BFG recently. It's REALLY good - looks fantastic.

4. Maupin

Original Member

Looks good! I'm sure it's a license to print money.

I noticed a spelling error in each of the screenshot descriptions. Should be "you're" and "its" respectively.

And I trust you've included the code "magic book" somewhere in the game since everyone seemed to be confused about what that was for at the end of the first game. ;)

5. AlexWeldon

AlexWeldon New Member

This is something I've been meaning to mention at some point... I'm used to seeing idiot teenagers get "your" and "you're" confused all the time, but I'm shocked and perplexed by the fact that in almost every thread on this forum, I see that particular mistake made by an intelligent member in the middle of a reasonably well-written post... one with punctuation and capital letters and not even a little bit of l33t5p33k.

For the love of god, people. Your better than that. ;)

6. hicham

hicham New Member

waa thank u very much for the screenshots, merci Emmanuelle, is there a beta testing about the game? I'll be happy to send my feedback, thanks again, I can't wait to play it

7. electronicStar

Original Member

I am very wary of commiting this mistake and it rarealy happens to me, even if english isn't my first language, but I have surprised myself to let it slip when I am very tired.
    I consider myself as a rather litterate person, but when I am tired my spelling can becomes borderline phonetic.

8. AlexWeldon

AlexWeldon New Member

Actually, as a former ESL-teacher, I can tell you that confusing homonyms like "their/there/they're" and "your/you're" is much more common among native English-speakers than among second-language learners. People learning English as adults tend to make other types of mistakes.

Anyway, my personal feeling is that people should be respected for having any ability at all in a second (or third, or fourth) language, but judged very harshly if they cannot speak and write almost perfectly in their own language. So you're off the hook; make as many mistakes as you like. :)

9. Davis

Davis New Member

Looks very good. :) I second the "beta" question made above. ^^

10. Grey Alien

Indie Author

I agree with this, and Emmanuel is French so we should be able to forgive the "your" and "it's" use incorrectly. In England I often see very poor spelling and grammar and think that it's down to two things: school failing to drum the knowledge in sufficiently, and people not being bothered to think "hmm, maybe I should improve" - for example I've chosen to improve my grammar since leaving school so I don't look like an idiot when writing professional text. I guess we should also add in a case for people who are simply unable to improve due to learning difficulties.

Anyway, talk about "off-topic". Sorry Emmanuel!

11. Emmanuel

I actually don't write the copy for the site (and do know when to use their, they're or there, otherwise my American, lit major wife would crack down on me :)) but I'll pass it on!

Best regards,
    Emmanuel

12. Kayamon

Kayamon New Member

<ahem> :)

13. mooktown

Original Member

The art looks better than in the first game but I am very pleased to see that the bar hasn't risen too much further as the art in Azada is what I'm currently using as my benchmark for quality. Thanks for the preview! :)

14. Grey Alien

Indie Author

I saw the art at BFG recently and it looks really great.

15. Emmanuel

We've put a teaser trailer up.

Best regards,
    Emmanuel

16. jcottier

jcottier New Member

Whoaaaa! This is going to sell by trucks....

JC

17. Emmanuel

:)

Note that since this morning we're also now offering the original Azada for 99 cents until August 18th, for either the Windows or Mac versions.

Best regards,
    Emmanuel

18. Grey Alien

Indie Author

I smell a marketing campaign as a forerunner to the launch date!

19. atle

atle New Member

Promising!

Tried the game for the first time today, and must say that I am excited. Game look really really great! :)