Final test : PlayOnline ActiveX

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by sphinx, Nov 10, 2004.

1. sphinx

Original Member

Hi Again!

Please give this a try (You still need IE and set it at Low level securtiy)

http://www.ancientsoft.com/final.htm

I have fine tuned some things I was worry about (well internal things you would not notice any changes)

I am really looking for your feedback as this the last test before code signing (Digital Certificate)

2. Pyabo

Original Member

Haven't tried it yet, but what exactly does the signing do? Allow browsers with higher security setting to run the ActiveX control? If that's the case, do you know what all is involved in the signing? How does the certificate authority actually know that you haven't produced malware?

3. sphinx

Original Member

Yes!

Actually they do not know!!
    Digital certificate only verifies the identity of the developer and verifies that the code did not change since it was signed!

Well, it is all depend on trust! I mean if I do not trust you I would not download your game demo, never mention ActiveX control!