Fiery Disaster - Tower Defense with a twist

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Mugenji77, Aug 15, 2016.

?
  1. I just can't enjoy this game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Missions are too long

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mugenji77

Mugenji77 New Member

Hey indie gamers!

I have never released even one game, that's why I think I have no real experience with making quality games.
    So I've come here to get some real feedback and I really mean it, I'd like to know if my game works as it should and if it offers what one could expect from it. Please help! :)

You can download demo here - http://gamejolt.com/games/fiery-disaster/167648

Requirements:
    • Processor: 2 Ghz
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: 128 mb video memory
    • DirectX: Version 9
    • Storage: 200 MB available space

im1.jpg im3.jpg images.akamai.steamusercontent.com.jpg

#1 Mugenji77, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  2. Osmosis D. Jones

Osmosis D. Jones New Member

sadly doesnt work at my computer (old windows vista)

greetings
    Os

3. Mugenji77

Mugenji77 New Member

Hey, firstly, thank you for trying.
    Could you tell me what specifications your computer has (graphics card, ram, processor)?
    Also, did you try the linux version of the game (it also works on windows but is little changed) - http://gamejolt.com/games/fiery-disaster/167648
    and there 'Fiery Disaster DEMO for Linux'.
    Let me know if it doesn't work either, please.
    And in the end, it'd be very helpful if you told me what exactly happens when you try to turn on the game.
    Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks in advance for the help.

4. Osmosis D. Jones

Prozessor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 MHz, 4 Kern(e), 4 logische(r) Prozessor(en);
    graca: nvidia geforce 8800 GT;
    4 gig ram;
    (just tell me if you need additional or different information)
    the linux version works fine :)
    windows version: the instalation seemd to work, but the when the game starts, there is just a critical error.
    Nevermind :) thanks for your costumer service :)

Now i played the game (all 5 levels).
    2 points.
    1. great respect of your work! The layout and the art is very fine, the programming (all functionality) seems to work completely, and you even put some story behind it! well done:)
    2. I have to say that its not my kind of game, but still the fun was medium. It was fun, but only to fill a break for me. I didnt find a elaborated reason to play it longer than 30 min.
    Of corse this is just a demo and i think you will add some contant, but i dont think that would change much for me. I think you created a lot off cool elements and enemy typs, so thats allready great. Maybe its about the difficulty, i managed the first 4 levels at the first try. So i didnt really feel a need to improve. I got very close to the damage mark each time so it didnt feel quite satisfying as well.
    I think there are 3 objectivs,
    get used to the shooting speed. Which worked fine.
    the multitasking on more than one lane.
    dont overheat. (The overheating sound was a little to anoying in my opinion)
    I dont quite see a challenge to improve on this in the longrun.

I m sorry about the kritik :/
    I hope this is usefull in any kind for you. I hope i managed to express my impression right.
    Much respect for your work :)

Edit 1:
    I dont think the missions are to long:)

I didnt see any tower placing, did i miss something?

The machinegun was a little unhandy. I just used it when there are much enemies at the gates, in such a situation its hard to place your emergency wappen and feels a bit unnecesarry if the spots are just one step seperated.

greetings
    Os

5. Mugenji77

Mugenji77 New Member

Thank you so much for your effort!
    All the feedback is very useful to us, we really need to read about bad things, otherwise, it'll be hard to improve it.
    We really appreaciate your honesty, that's the best way to help game developers.
    If we talk about the difficulty of the matches. You said you were doing really well but most people we gave our game weren't that good. So it's important for us to make it doable also for them. For people who want to do achievements and unlock new modes there are Bonus Objectives (available in the demo), maybe if you tried to do them to get more points it'd give a lil more enjoyment. We think about making hard modes of these missions as well.

A lot of people said the same about the sound of overheating, I think it's time to change it. :)
    The machine guns will be more useful in the main mode and new missions, above all the demo has only the first mission to teach players what they need to understand.

Again, thank you so much for giving us feedback, we'll certainly keep working to improve the game as much as possible.
    Best regards!

6. Osmosis D. Jones

Thanks for your nice words :)
    i m glad if i could help you :)

greetings
    Os

7. Mugenji77

Mugenji77 New Member

Hey Os!
    You gave us some great feedback, and that's why we really need you now :)
    I know it comes with 'give someone an inch and they'll take a mile' but it's really important for us to know what you think about the changes we made in the game. If you could download and play the demo again - http://gamejolt.com/games/fiery-disaster/167648
    and let us know if we're going in a right direction. We'd really appreciate it.
    Best regards from the whole team of Vogelfänger! :)

8. Osmosis D. Jones

Hi :)
    I'm proud that you remember me :)
    I`ll check it out :)

greetings
    Os

9. osgamez

osgamez New Member

Il check it out tomorrow when i have time :) and sup Osmosis

10. osgamez

osgamez New Member

-So I played your game and I Grats on innovation because I have never played a game like this! It is fun but I think it is way too hard since i couldn't even get past the 2nd level and i tried it about 8 times. I think allowing the player to be able to shoot more frequently would solve this issue!

-For the controls I thought that using the mouse wheel was a bad way to cycle because you sometimes hit it twice rather than just once... Spacebar is an ok alternative but I think if you could use the right mouse click button would the best choice as a weapon swapper since then you wouldnt have to resort to the keyboard at all.

Very good game though! gameplay was good and the game did a good job of sucking you in.... peace brother!

11. Mugenji77

Mugenji77 New Member

Hey osgamez!
    Thank you so much for kind words!
    According to the difficulty of the game it is our problem, look what Os said above 'i managed the first 4 levels at the first try. So i didnt really feel a need to improve.' I can only give tips like - be patient, don't overheat the mechanism, let warriors hit a few times but kill them when you're sure you won't overheat, and improving by taking advantage of the burning ground, it's also about counting, I deal 3 dmg while hitting on the ground first time and 1 dmg to all which are behind. You need to count how much dmg they'll take in the near future so you know how many times more you need to shoot, what can let you remove unnecessary moves. We want the game to be challenging, make players think, count, predict, burn some calories. :)

About the mouse wheel, I need to agree, however, we can't change it into the right button because it'll be needed in later missions for another trick.
    Though it might be better to make it change the weapon by the click on the mouse wheel instead of scrolling it. :)

Again, thanks for all the feedback and words of encouragement, we even decided to use your quote to advertise our game, check our press kit (down below) to see it - http://press.vogelfanger.com/sheet.php?p=fiery_disaster

Best regards,
    Mug

12. osgamez

osgamez New Member

no problem! good luck on the success of the game.. and never give up, your going to release this game i know it ;)

13. Acosix

Acosix New Member

Hey!

Some things to consider.

I can't change the key bindings.

Overheating is pointless. I wouldn't mind if you take it out while keeping the same fire rate.
    Why no overheating? Because good game skills should rely on accuracy not overheating timing.

Right now I'm trying to finish the first level bonus objective.
    (please no spoilers)

I'll vote for Steam when I have the time.

14. Acosix

Acosix New Member

So I have beaten the first level combo objective and I think the game is awesome.
    Still don't like the heating.

15. Acosix

Acosix New Member

Beaten 3rd level!

16. Acosix

Acosix New Member

Beaten all levels. When is another release?

I think the game is spectacular, and I'll be waiting for new features.

Oh yeah and definitely add Easiest and Easy difficulty.

17. Acosix

Acosix New Member

Wrong...well, in my opinion you are experienced.

EDIT:

BUG:
    the game developer does not show entirely(skips too early)

EDIT 2:

Can you tell us more about the multiplayer?

Well I got no idea what it will look like, but I got an idea which probably works for all games with both single and multiplayer:

Make a really unique multiplayer mode which hasn't been seen anywhere else.

EDIT 3:

Here' s a good idea: extend the heating are by ~50%. This way you don't need to overwork with deleting the overheat.

#17 Acosix, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  18. Mugenji77

Mugenji77 New Member

Hey Acosix!

Thank you for taking your time to play our game. Also, thank you for so many nice words about it!
    Well, we have tested many options and overheating won the tournament, in the end it gives you way more possibilities, if you want, you can shoot now with the same fire rate, just take into account the time it cools down and keep shooting. But now you can also save yourself by going for more than 1 shot by time though it can cost a lot. It is also an aspect of strategy that we wanted to keep.

Multiplayer is unique also. Player 1 controls the volcano while player 2 moves around in the quadcopter. We wanted to make it a different experience for each player. :)

I have a question, which version of the game did you play? I deleted the first link as it wasn't an updated one. You need to download the gamejolt version to have it up-to-date.

No more need for voting on Steam Greenlight, we've managed to make it through already. :)
    The release of the game will be next month as we have most of the game completed.

Thanks for helping out!

Best regards from the whole team of Vogelfänger.

19. Acosix

Acosix New Member

Kindness pays mate, I'll keep you updated.

20. Acosix

Acosix New Member

So! I finished the bonus objectives of the first three levels. Awesomesauce.