Feedback Request: SHMUP-DEV Speed Test

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Leper, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Leper

Original Member

Hey all,

I have recently updated http://www.shmup-dev.com with a new look and under one CMS instead of two. I have noticed a speed increase but if you could for just a second jump to the front page and tell me if it loads fast / slow?

Also, let me know what you think of the layout too if you have the time :)

Thanks!!!

2. CabalDoug

Original Member

I think it looks good Matthew! Pretty fast for me.

3. RohoMech

Original Member

Leper, the redirect was a good amount of time for me, didn't feel it was too fast. Some places wait 5-10 seconds though...it might be nice if you have a javascript timer counting down the redirect as well.

I like the new design for the site but I think it'd be nicer if you could limit how wide the text gets...its cool that it resizes really well, but I have to make my window narrow if I want the text a decent width.

Other then that its really nice :)

4. dxgame

Original Member

Every time I visit this domain, it seems like it has been sold to another user who thinks "now THIS is the way to do it...". :confused:

5. oNyx

Original Member

I liked the old look more. Sorta hard to read now. And there are way too many gradients.

6. Escapee

Original Member

it looks nice (except for the unfilled top portion )and load fast here. I wonder if the redirection is necessary ..

7. Leper

Original Member

CabalDoug: Thanks! :)

Robomech: Thanks, I was hoping some pages would be faster than 5 seconds but I guess this'll do for now. As far as the text width, I'm not sure what you mean? Everything looks fine to me, why exactly would you want to limit the text width?

dxgame: You should download treewalk (yeah, its free) so that your computer points to the correct Domains. It seems to me that your ISP screwed up somewhere when it comes to the DNS thing. Instead of using your faulty ISP for a DNS you should consider using treewalk. Treewalk updates in realtime and is usually flawless.

oNyx: You talking about the forums right? Well, I like the gradients, but I want people to be able to read the content with ease.. What do you think of something like this?

Escapee: Yeah, I was thinking of filling it up with neaty shmup stuff. The redirection is only temporarily necessary :)

8. RohoMech

Original Member

Leper, for me (and most people) text in a really wide area is harder to read than text in say, columns.

I tried your site again on a 1024x798 monitor, it looked fine there, last time I hd the site running at a much much wider resolution and the browser was fullscreened, so it all got stretched out.

so I guess you don't really need to worry about that :p