Feedback Request : Guess The Number

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Savant, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Savant

Original Member

Yes, it's a ludicrous game but I wanted to test my framework out on some other people's machines and I'm hoping that some people here will be good enough to download it and tell me if it works.

What you'll need:

- .NET 2.0 Framework installed
    - Working OpenGL drivers

I think that's it. I used FMod for sound but I don't think there's a client installation for that is there? I included the DLL in my game dir so that should be enough.

www.1goodgame.com/testing/GuessTheNumber_B.zip

Just unzip that somewhere, go into the "bin" directory and run the EXE. You should see something like the pic below. If you don't, please tell me what error you get in as much detail as possible.

Thanks!

www.1goodgame.com/testing/sshot1.jpg

#1 Savant, Jan 28, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2006
  2. lakibuk

Indie Author

To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .Net Framework:
    v2.0.50727
    ---------
    EDIT: Sorry, i am stupid...

3. Savant

Original Member

Does that mean you got it working?

4. electronicStar

Original Member

I don't have .NET either so I can't get it to work either.
    To bad because the gameplay looks great and very original, very refreshing in a sea of clones:D

5. jankoM

Indie Author

I get "GPE_GuessTheNumber has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." .... Please tell microsoft about this problem....

6. Savant

Original Member

OK, I know you're joking, but please don't clog this thread with stuff like that. It's not a serious game. It's a tech test. I'm not going to be selling this in the future. :)

Does your machine meet the requirements listed above? I get that on my other crusty laptop but I'm not sure what causes it.

7. Dominique Biesmans

Indie Author

Crashes on me too, OpenGL & .NET 2.0 installed.

8. Savant

Original Member

#8 Savant, Jan 28, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2006
  9. Savant

Original Member

I forgot to mention that ALT+ENTER will toggle full screen mode if you want to do that - and I know you will since you'll be playing this game for hours at a time!

Also, if you burrow into "resources\guessnumber\config" you'll find a file called "engine_config.ini". In there you can mess with screen resolutions, widescreen toggle, etc. Nothing exciting but it's there.

10. Savant

Original Member

All I need is one person to confirm that this runs on their machine and I'll be happy. Anyone? Help a brother out? :)

11. Sharpfish

Original Member

Yes it's working.

I had to uninstall some beta .net and reinstall the latest .net as it was too low.

It ran at between 30-55 ish fps (I assume capped at 55/60?) looked smooth and I guessed the number in about 12 attempts :)

Oh and there's a spelling mistake on "your teh winner" ( I mean the "Your" not the obvious "teh" leet speak), which you may want to patch up before release. ;)

12. Savant

Original Member

Again, not an actual game. This will -never- see the light of retail day!

And "Your teh winnar! Congrats!!1", is obviously a joke. :p

Thanks for the confirmation! I can carry on development now...

13. Sharpfish

Original Member

I know it's not a real game - I was kidding ;)

I knew the "teh" was intentional but not sure about the "your" (but noticing Winnar as well now, makes it clear it was all supposed to be intentional) - but as it's just a test it really doesn't matter anyway. Main thing is it works!! :)

14. Schik

Original Member

It works fine for me, at a pretty solid 62 FPS.

I didn't have to install anything - I already had the .NET framework from VS2005.

15. Vorax

Original Member

Great game play and pacing. The plot is a little thin, but you make up for it the astounding animations and catchy sound track. This is one that will surely be cloned. My only complaint is that it's a little to keyboard centric - I want to use the mouse to enter my numbers.

:p

Kidding aside, it worked fine for me. Question though - how are you limiting the FPS to 62? My monitor is at 85Hz. Are you using your own frame timer?

16. Savant

Original Member

Thanks for the info guys!

re: The 62 FPS lock ... I really don't know. Honestly. Something to do with SDL that I haven't seen/figured out yet, I'm sure.