Feedback request: Bubblomania webgame beta

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by cybermonk, Nov 17, 2006.

1. cybermonk

Original Member

I have made a public beta of my webgame Bubblomania available at www.bubblomania.com.

Bubblomania is a cute and psychedelic arcade game. Bubbles are floating up, and it's your job to pop them with a pin. It's a remake of the classic Bubblomania for Mac. But this version works on Mac, Windows and Linux! You should have java 1.4 or better installed to play the applet.

Any feedback is appreciated: bugs, graphics, gameplay, possible features, website design,...

Thanks, and enjoy!

2. ZuluBoy

Indie Author

I wanted to try the game but, it took soooo long to load that I gave up! :(

3. cybermonk

Original Member

The jars are about 5MB, so it can take a while. But this is only the first time, since they are cached locally.

4. oNyx

Original Member

Had lots of horrible issues on my system and others seem to have similar issues.

Well, upgrading to lwjgl 1.0b4 once its out should hopefully fix most of those problems. (The applet stuff is pretty new after all.)

5. electronicStar

Original Member

The java applet seemed to load in a breeze but it froze and displayed a white windows.
    The status bar said "waiting for connection to Google analytics", so maybe you could have a problem with that (Or maybe it's another one of the tabs I had opened that was provoking the message...)
    The java console also said something about Http connection failing.

6. cybermonk

Original Member

Thanks for the feedback.

There seem to be some issues with the whole applet business :(
    I've noticed myself a few times that the loading of the applet seemed to be waiting on the some google stuff to load (analytics or ads), but usually it starts loading immediately...

electronicStar: could you tell me what the console exactly said?
    oNyx: can you give me more detail about the horrible issues? Or are you sure these are LWJGL issues and I can do nothing about them?

7. electronicStar

Original Member

Well I can't say because it's working now :D
    All I remember from my previous attempt is that after the applet loaded, it displayed a white window with a little "X" icon, that looked like shockwave or active X or something like that.

8. oNyx

Original Member

Semi deadlocked, hangs if i switch to another window, has to be killed and leaves a firefox zombie behind.

No lwjgl applet worked for me so far. And there is nothing left to upgrade. Its a fresh install with the very latest java (1.6rc) and drivers (well, its an ati card).

Kev made an applet port of one of his demo games with the sparkling new lwjgl 1.0b4 yesterday (right after it was committed) and it still doesn't seem to work as it should.

If you want some more direct feedback and trouble shooting you can join us at #lwjgl (if the link doesn't work with your irc client, connect to freenode and type "/j #lwjgl").

9. cybermonk

Original Member

Thanks for the info.
    I've made a new build with lwjgl 1.0b4 now...