Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by sphinx, Nov 5, 2004.

1. sphinx

Original Member

I alomst done an ActiveX control which allow you to run your game 'online' (You still need to lower your IE Security to LOW to get it working but this will not be needed when I get a digital signature/certificate for it) you can find it here :

www.ancientsoft.com/test.htm

It will only work with IE or compatible browsers (e.g AvantBrowser, SlimBrowser... etc)

I am looking forward to hearing your feedbacks regarding :
    1- What do you think of it?
    2- How much you would like to pay to buy it?
    3- Should I make it a game by game license or unlimited license?
    4- code signing and what do you think of free ones e.g http://www.ascertia.com/OnlineCA/issuer/default.aspx

Thanks in advance,

2. sphinx

Original Member

No feedback yet :(

3. Pyabo

Original Member

Maybe no one is brave enough to try it out. :cool:

4. luggage

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Sorry Sphinx

I tried it, it worked fine after I sorted the security settings out. If this was solved then it seems like it would do the trick for web playable versions.

Not sure how much we'd pay for it though, probably something like $100 plus minor future updates.

I'd probably either go for a one-off unlimited use license or at least large discounts for extra projects (say if the first license is $100, follow up ones are $25). For us we'd want to do versions of several games and forking out $100+ for each game would be a bit much whereas a discounted version seems a bit fairer (not as fair as not charging for other games though! :) )

I have no idea about the signing jiggery pokery.

Good work!

Scott

5. sphinx

Original Member

if that's the case then I am disappointed :(

luggage : Thank you very much for your feedback
    I will see what I can do regarding the price thingy and I am sure you/everyone will be happy :)

6. arcadetown

Moderator Original Member

Worked for me once added your site to my trusted domains. Looks good. How does it work under the covers? I see it pointing to "Treasure.ply", is this a special data file that your activex loads then runs itself or is this a different version of your .exe which your activex will install itself? Are there limits to what it can run? Like how it plays in the web browser and to a site like ours this could be very useful indeed.

btw - I'd suggest simply getting it signed then re-demo it here users don't understand shortcomings. Always step with your best foot forward.

7. sphinx

Original Member

Well, Treasure.ply is just a normal exe with a renamed extension (a way to escape from download managers :D )

There is no limits to what it can run, double blade if you know what I mean ;)

I am researching the digital signature thingy right now!