Feedback of my prototype: Soldier On

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by esrix, Mar 18, 2011.

1. esrix

Original Member

Hello all.

I'm looking for some feedback on a game prototype I've been working on for the past few weeks. Right now, I refer to it as "Soldier On". In a nutshell, it's Collapse meets a dungeon crawl.

http://tamarcurry.com/prototypes/soldier/01/

Unfortunately, I've not had time to program the tutorial yet, so if you do take a test drive, you'll have to suffer with reading my instructions below.

If you like the game, feel free to leave a comment. If you don't like the game, please let me know what you didn't like about it and how it could be improved.

Thanks!

2. flavio

flavio New Member

Hello, the game is polished so far (as you said, a tutorial would improve it). Principally, I see graphical improvements: you could replace the gray areas of the HUD with some texture, and you could highlight the currently selected tile altering its luminosity rather than adding that border. Congratulations!

3. barrygamer

Original Member

Plays nicely - I got quite into it!

I cant comment on how original it is, I'm probably out of touch with all these new dungeon/puzzlers. But, imo, def worth finishing this game.

4. esrix

Original Member

flavio: thanks, I'll look into highlighting vs border.

barrygamer: I think we're both out of touch gamers. That said, I'm not to stressed out about being original, just on the game being fun to play and eventually easier to grasp.