Feedback Needed for first IOS Game!!!!!

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by Derek Ngwu, Jun 6, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hell no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Needs work

100.0%
  1. Derek Ngwu

Derek Ngwu New Member

Hi, my name is Derek. My partners and I developed our first arcade free ios game arcade application, Cup Toss. Check the short commercial/game and give Cup Toss your honest feedback. I have the QR Code below for the game. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. flwv

flwv New Member

Hello Derek! There are several things I can say about Cup Toss, both pros and cons.

Pros:
    - Simple, effective home screen layout
    - I like the color scheme & the changing background
    - Easy controls with fluid movement
    - The gameplay is simple, but with the constraints of the table rising and (I think) the cups dropping faster, it becomes a simple-looking task that is hard to accomplish. In this way it has the same addictive feel as games like flappy bird. I played for a bit wanting to improve my score because I, for whatever reason, needed to see myself do it.
    - The vibrating phone when you get a perfect cup is pretty satisfying

Cons:
    - No pause during gameplay
    - It took watching a lot of ads to get decent at the game. A LOT OF ADS. Like maybe tone the frequency down or allow people to skip through.
    - Three times, I reached a new high score of 30+ only to have the game tell me I needed to watch an ad to continue playing. I had just died, but in order to get my 30+ points, I had to sit through another ad. This was frustrating and was a definite negative.
    ** I went back and tried again since I wrote this. I got to 46 cups and the "watch an ad to continue playing" screen came up again, before I died, ending my streak. This was also very frustrating, if not game-breaking.
    - The different cups shop is also a little much. Asking 500 cups per new cup style is harsh, especially when there are 14 different styles. The entire time I played I only made it to 323, lowering the cost would allow more players to experience this aspect of the game.

Is it ready to publish?
    - Fix the ads, and then I say yeah sure! Good work!

3. Crichton333

Crichton333 New Member

The promo video is hilarious :)