Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by DarkCore, Feb 28, 2006.

1. DarkCore

Original Member

Hello everyone. I am requesting feedback on my website. It is www.tecsoftonline.com. TecSoft was our old name and now it is darkcore. I will get in touch with my host to see if they can change my domain. Anyway, I am an independent Game Developer, and I make games and programs. If you check out my site I suggest you register. Although it is fariley new I will add more stuff to it on the way.

Thanks,

DarkCore

2. sulaiman

Original Member

Welcome to indiegamer:)
    Page doesn't display correctly in FireFox 1.0.7. I'am not a web design person so I can't tell you why(see the image). It doesn't look like the usual casual game site which may be good or bad. Otherwise it looks very clean.
    [Edit - Yep, pages work great now]
    tecsoftonline_mainpage.PNG

#2 sulaiman, Feb 28, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  3. DarkCore

Original Member

Oh.

Thanks. I forgot to set permisions for one folder. Once I do that the site will look fine. This dosn't happen in FireFox 1.5.1 but happens in other versions/browsers. Once I do this (I am doing it right now)(fixing it) it should display okay. Thanks for the pic. It really helped.

4. TheMysteriousStranger

Original Member

I tried viewing it, but it keeps timing out. It may just be a temporary server issue. I'll try again later. If the server is up and running though, then it may be the php that's timing out. Will let you know later today.

5. Nexic

Indie Author

Well this site looks really depressing :( I think you have used way too much grey. The actually physical shape of everything looks good, it's just the colours which need changing in my opinion. If it's about games I would at least at a couple of primary colours in places. Also think the contrast needs to be increased. For example, I would make the gradient bars over the top of each section either a much darker grey, or a fairly bold colour. I see you have got some orange text, how about orange bars?

6. Robert Cummings

Original Member

Your hosting is pretty terrible. Can't even view the site. I have a 10mbps cable connection which is pretty much flawless.

7. Sharpfish

Original Member

Agreed.. Unless it's a temporary thing. I viewed it once, then I couldn't access it again. What I saw looked clean and tidy but it did not look like a game site - more like a forum/tech site or maybe an FPS mods site or something.

Having said this, if you are called "darkcore" I doubt you have in mind the typical audience and then anything goes. Priority #1 is to sort out the hosing..., sorry hosting problem.

8. DarkCore

Original Member

Thanks for your feedback

I am working on that issue. On the hosts site it says it is up for 99.98%. I don't know. Might be a server or PHP issuse. I will check on it.

Edit: The site should work now. The servers uptime went from 99.75%. I think they had to restart thier servers. Anyway you can try it now. Also if you know a good skin for E2U then give me a link please. I can install new themes.

9. TheMysteriousStranger

Original Member

Hmm, when trying to open news.php it times out every time (so I haven't even seen the site yet to comment on it). However, if I try and view index.htm it immediately pops up a screen saying the file is not found. Generally it's a good practice to have an index.htm as this will be the first page ranking bots will try and open. This also means that the server is definitely active as it can't find the file, so perhaps there is an issue with news.php? Is it running off of an SQL back end - that can be a bit of a minefield for timeouts.

10. AnthemAudio

Original Member

Is no loady on my end on Firefox.

No loady indeed.

11. DarkCore

Original Member

I don't know??

I don't know what is wrong. It works perfectly on mine. If some one is good on PHP/MySQL then maybe you can help. I will try one more thing.

EDIT: Try it now. I had to add news.php to my DirectoryIndex for it to work.

12. Larry Hastings

Original Member

I get this error:

13. DarkCore

Original Member

Hmm.

I'll contact the host about these problems.

14. DarkCore

Original Member

15. madhat

Original Member

works fine

works fine i'm using firefox 107
    it has kiddy look, but very welcoming, maybe the games is geared toward casual/woman market.:rolleyes:

16. DarkCore

Original Member

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. There was no other good looking template.

17. DarkCore

Original Member

I changed the template

Well today at 11:53 PM I decided to change my sites theme. Check it out and tell me what you think.

18. Sharkbait

Original Member

Your site takes forever to load.. it didn't come up after 2 minutes of waiting.

19. Nexic

Indie Author

I got 'page cannot be displayed'

Seriously, if you want your site to become anything like popular you need to get a decent webhost i.e one that costs some money. You don't have to go nuts, some packages are like $5 per month, hardly breaking the bank.

20. revve

Original Member

The site didn't load for me. I waited about 20 seconds and I still had the default FireFox grey "I didn't get any data yet" screen. If I was a potential customer, I wouldn't have waiter much longer either.