[feedback]Crazy race

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by chenmy1, Apr 4, 2006.

1. chenmy1

Original Member

2. sulaiman

Original Member

A very nice game. The point of the game is to try and reach a point/card first before anyone else. Once a point is reached, it is randomly positioned somewhere else and you have to race to it. The obstacles are other cars and mines that flip your car.

It run very well on my computer (Athlon 1900XP,GF3,512MB) at a solid 60FPS. The cars also control well using a keyboard. The collisions and physics work very well for this game. Slowmo button doesn't work for me though.

Pros:
    Lots of cars to race against (10+)
    Handles well
    Solid framerate.
    Good collision
    Free Game
    Concept is great

Cons:
    All of the cars handle the same.
    No multiplayer only AI.
    Minor texturing and clipping issues.
    No real advantage for team play.
    Level is flat with no inclines or valleys.
    Gameplay needs some spicing up

Conclusion:
    Excellent effort. With some more work this can be a truly crazy game.

3. Sharpfish

Original Member

re:and other - this feedback is more important if you intend to sell it. If it really is a free game then it doesn't really matter I guess. :)

I haven't played it, but from the screenshots I say the envrionments need some work. Apart from the texture stretching on buildings (or blocks) it needs bringing up to date and to look fun rather than look like a techdemo. It reminds me on first glance of a newton/ode physics demo with a flat level (the grass/track here looks "dirty" and not appealing). Even though you've worked a front end into it (which again doesn't look appealing). The cars look nice (I assume you used stock models from somewhere?) but really highlight the quality difference between the levels and themselves. Also some track objects would be good.

This is not to say the game isn't fun (I don't know) but first impresssions count and I would need to see something in those screenshots that gives the impression it would be a complete and fully polished game to be worth my time downloading. It seems you have the base of the game worked out, the coding apparently is done (according to the previous reply) now get to work on those gfx to make it the "full package".

Good Luck!