Favourite Indie Game Of All Time!

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Fruity, Jan 13, 2017.

?
  1. Oh yeah, I love the wasteland!

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. I have no idea

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. Fruity

Fruity New Member

Hey everyone, my name is Fruity. I am very new to this forum and I just would like to find out about the people here. If you could post a little bit about your indie game experiences that would be awesome. I also would love to know everyone's favourite indie game of all time! Mine is Nuclear Throne due to the amazing art, sound and gameplay. I love how the levelling system works and I just generally love how its so unique.

So let me know about your favourite, try to go into some detail I would love to look at what you guys like!

2. bradleyb222

bradleyb222 New Member

I am new to developing, but I have been using Unity3d to develop my just released game "Marble Jetpack" for Google Play Android. It took five months to get it out with the first three levels available for game play. I am excited to see what other people think about it! As far as my favorite retro game is Mrs. Pacman :). Nice to meet you as well!

Bradley

3. Fruity

Fruity New Member

Sounds Cool!

4. kevintrepanier

Original Member Indie Author

Here's a few fabulous indie games that got my interest for different reasons :

- Papers, please : because of intense emotional involvement
    - Crypt of the necrodancer : because the rhythm + rogue-like idea is just so fun and challenging
    - Savant Ascent : because very good quality in music and pixel art and also very hard and precise controls
    - 80 Days : because really great story telling, on which we have an interesting amount of control

5. Fruity

Fruity New Member

I agree with Crypt of the Necrodancer! The others I'm slightly unfamiliar with, I will have to check them out! :p

6. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

The games I made. Hate to sound corrupt but it honestly is.

7. Fruity

Fruity New Member

Nothing wrong with that xD.

RedBowHemian and metateen like this.
  8. Red Apple Technologies

This is my all time favourite indie game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ient.bowhunter2016
    This is a hunting game that you would love to play in the jungle background.
    We are a reputed mobile game development company.

9. kaufenpreis

kaufenpreis New Member

Sounds good!

10. Suzi Harvard

Suzi Harvard New Member

I feel like I should try this Marble Jetpack! :) So, what is Mrs. Pacman?

11. Bram

Indie Author Greenlit

Factorio is the last game that completely absorbed me.
    Can be too addictive though, and a huge time sink, so be careful :)
    https://www.factorio.com

12. VRex7

VRex7 New Member

Hey! So I work on the marketing/community management side of indie games, and I've had an opportunity to play some really great ones. I think one that's been a bit overlooked was Stories: A Path of Destinies, the art style is really vibrant and beautiful, the story lines you can follow are great as well and it is a hack and slash but has some really neat customization features.

13. bradleyb222

bradleyb222 New Member

You should check it out if you have not already :D All that have played so far like it. I also just released a new update adding level 4 and making controls better, along with making training optional.

14. bradleyb222

bradleyb222 New Member

Feel free to try it you might like it :D Mrs. Pacman is a retro game off of the original game Pacman that went around eating orbs and avoiding ghost

15. bradleyb222

bradleyb222 New Member

One thing I need help with is marketing lol.

16. HappySlapp

HappySlapp New Member

I have a lot of favorite games when it comes to indie games, but the one that stood out the most to me was Shovel Knight, probably the best platformer ever right next to Super Mario World in my opinion, the controls are super tight and responsive, the pixel art is downright amazing, and the music is fantastic. And by far the best thing about it is the incredible levels and overall design of the game.

Still haven't finished it due to me sucking at platforming games though xD

17. amish110

amish110 New Member

The story lines you can follow are great as well and it is a hack and slash but has some really neat customization features!

18. ChasinTheTrane

ChasinTheTrane New Member

I love Undertale and Stardew Valley. So much respect considering that they were mainly developed by a one-man team.

19. RedBowHemian

RedBowHemian New Member

Hey Bradley.
    Congratulations on getting your game released btw! Do you have anymore projects lined up? :)

20. RedBowHemian

RedBowHemian New Member

Hey Fruity!

Never heard of Nuclear Throne until now. Think I'll give it a go, thanks for posting! :)