Explosive Demo

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by supagu, Dec 26, 2006.

1. supagu

Original Member

Its finally time! We have reached a stage where we are rather happy with the stability of our game "Explosive" so if you could all give it a shot, let me know how it goes for you. Im not sure on the exacpt minimum system requirements so if any one has issues let me know.

[​IMG]

More info here:
    http://www.blackcarbon.net/explosive/

Direct download link:
    http://www.blackcarbon.net/php/download.php?id=1

If all goes well, I'll be releasing explosive for sale soon.

2. oNyx

Original Member

Pressing "play" makes it bomb ungracefully (with a Radeon 9100).

Here is the system.log:
    http://phpfi.com/188099

Compared to the level screenshot the menu looks sorta dull.

edit: The uninstaller leaves the ExplosiveDemo folder behind.

3. RohoMech

Original Member

well sapagu, the game crashes for me as well, I can start a game and bomb something, but the moment I try to pickup and item...crash.

4. supagu

Original Member

it requires shader model 1.1 or better to run, so hence it wont work for you onyx
    rohomech, what are your pc specs?

5. oNyx

Original Member

The 8500/9100 supports shader model 1.1.

Doom3 and Painkiller work for example. A few extra effects in PK need 1.2 tho.

6. BIGZIPZ

Original Member

Works fine for me with Shader Model 3.0 card 7800GS. Sadly I have no idea what the hell is atually happening in the game.

7. superfrog

Original Member

Bad graphics.
    Bad GUI.
    Bad Gameplay

the game it's simply a bomberman clone !!!!!

sorry for sincerity

ByeZ

8. Pogacha

Original Member

The game crashed all the times, both windows/fullscreen, with antialiasing and without it, when clicking start game.

GeForce 2 mx 440 64mb
    Pentium 3 600 128mb ram
    Xp sp 2

GL

9. AnthemAudio

Original Member

I'll try it on a different machine, but my poor old GeForce 4 didn't much care for it.

And I don't care if it's a bomberman clone or whatever, it's not like there are a ton of those around. I say it's welcome! If I can get it running! :)

10. RohoMech

Original Member

supagu, I'm running an ATI 9600, which afiak supports shader 2.0 stuff, and should work with shader 1.1 stuff....

11. impossible

Original Member

Uh... this is unreasonably harsh, do you have some sort of grudge against supagu, or is this an anti-clone comment?

The graphics are pretty good. The chess and kitchen maps look especially nice. The GUI is ok. The gameplay is bomberman, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The biggest problem is the game breaking crash that's happening on everyone's PC except your's regardless of hardware. It crashes on my machine as well. The crash seems like a bug in your gameplay code rather than anything graphics or hardware related. If I pick something up or the AI picks something up it will crash.

I also think there should be some way to quickly start a 4 player game with AI players because setup isn't immediately clear. You might want to consider having a "story" mode where you play through all of the maps.

I'm not sure if the incentive to register is high enough with just 7 maps, but it might be worth it if the game is $10. There is no mention of price on your site and the buy now button is a broken link.

12. supagu

Original Member

yeah i havent got it for sale yet, im trying to get it stable first.

13. superfrog

Original Member

i've nothing against supagu. I just say my opinion about a game that imho can't be sell.

who whould buy a bomberman clone ?

ByeZ

14. AnthemAudio

Original Member

I would pay for a proper, networked, stylistic, modern, bug free Bomberman clone. How much, I don't know. How many I speak for, no clue either. But I've tried getting people to play Atomic Bomberman with me (I even own two copies) but no one will, or it won't run on their machines for whatever reason. So this would cure my Bomberman itch on PC's. Maybe more people out there are scratchy too? I suppose that's the whole point and one that supagu is banking on, yes?

Tony

15. MrQ

MrQ New Member

OMG! not another clone! I would say clones don't sell, but judging from the amount of match-3 games...I think It's pretty cool, I don't think the graphics are too bad at all. And I agree with Anthemaudio, a cool network styled bomberman game might appeal to alot of people. You just need to find them.
    A central auth server and match lobby would help push it for mp.

16. zppz

Original Member

I thought the graphics were great. The UI was fine, you should make text which is clickable actually appear clickable somehow though. Unfortunately like others I did not get to check out the gameplay...

17. supagu

Original Member

I suspect my engine code does not like ATI hardware, any one willing to be my guinea pig?

18. impossible

Original Member

Sure, I will. I didn't mention I'm running ATI hardware as well. Are you using some Nvidia specific feature, format or extension? This could probably be nailed down by some more aggressive caps checking... For myself and RohoMech (9X00 generation hardware) it crashes when someone picks an item up. Is there any specific special effect or shader running then?

19. supagu

Original Member

I've uploaded a new demo, the origonal was missing a file causing it to crash.

20. ZuluBoy

Indie Author

I tried to play the game (both the old and new demo), the main screen looked normal, but the in-game screen was "empty" (check the attached screenshot).
    Btw, my video card is RADEON 9550.

Attached Files:

#20 ZuluBoy, Dec 30, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2006