Exploit my IP - Fishie Fishie

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by Farbs, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Farbs

Farbs New Member

Hi folks,

A little while ago I released a roughly commercial grade game "Fishie Fishie". I quite like this game, but I have no plans to do anything with it. Would anyone be interested in exploiting the IP? Off the top of my head I'm thinking licensing or direct sale of the IP for use in commercial versions, but honestly I'd be happy to hear all suggestions.

[​IMG]

Anyone?

Feel free to PM, email, or reply to the thread.

2. Jay_Kyburz

Original Member

I like your IP farbs.

I'm just not making anything anytime soon.

3. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Does it drive a lot of traffic?

4. Farbs

Farbs New Member

Not at the moment - I'm currently running at ~15 downloads a day. I've done absolutely no promotion though, aside from a post here and a post on TIGSource. There are also some mirrored copies around which I have no data for.

5. Nexic

Indie Author

If the brand isn't popular then why would anyone pay to license it? They might aswell just invent their own cute character.

6. JoKa

Indie Author

If you find no better way to monetize the IP, you could create a small dedicated website and get some backlinks plus traffic by submitting the game to software and review sites. Then use Adsense or, probably much better for a game website, the BFG affiliate program.

7. Farbs

Farbs New Member

Ah, I see. What I'm offering isn't just the brand but the entire game. Design, music, gfx, code... the whole shebang. Add a few levels and a new feature or two and voila, you have a saleable deluxe version :)

8. OremLK

Indie Author

I still think you should consider taking down the free versions, improve it a little bit yourself, and shop it around to some portals to see if you get any bites. (No pun intended)