Experix - Online usability/beta testing

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by Vimy, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Vimy

Vimy New Member

Hi,

I'm starting an online usability testing service for (indie) game developers. When I got the idea I, I was so excited I started to code right away. After two weeks of intense coding I got a tip from a business friend to first gauge interest before wasting(?) more time building something nobody wants.

So here I am, please take a look and let me know if you would be interested in this kind of service. I believe it can be of great help to developers.

www.experix.eu

2. dbest

dbest New Member

Seems pretty interesting. A few questions that pop are:
    1. Will the testers be rotated or will it be the same testers testing all games?
    2. What is the turn around time?
    3. Will you only provide the results of the questionnaire and the video output?
    4. A lot will depend on the quality of the testers, how will that be assured?

3. Nexic

Indie Author

Great idea, would definitely use a service like this.

4. nbkolchin

nbkolchin New Member

Couple of questions:

- for 'indie' I will get 5 videos, each 20 minutes?
    - I will see both player face and game screen in video?

5. Tobias

Indie Author

Brilliant idea. You should do this, but raise the prices a bit. Also, don't code anything to automate the whole thing until you've got a couple of happy customers by doing stuff manually. Why? Well, now you've gauged interest and it's time to get a couple of people to put their money where their mouth is before spending months coding.

6. bantamcitygames

Administrator Original Member Indie Author Greenlit

I've thought about creating something like this in the past but had neither the time nor money... sounds great!