Esenthel Engine - Advanced 3D Game Engine with World Editor

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by drean, May 19, 2008.

1. drean

drean New Member

Hello,

I'd like to announce Esenthel Engine http://www.esenthel.com

Esenthel Engine is a professional solution for making advanced games, tools or whatever applications you'd like on PC platform.

It's equipped with lots of tools (including Mesh Editor and World Editor).

Benefits

Simplicity, Speed and Size - Engine is designed to have simple usage, fastest speed and smallest size. Which means that each part of the engine has been written very carefully, while keeping things simple, you receive maximum engine speed and minimum application build time.

Visual Effects - Amazing next-gen visual effects including highest quality bump mapping, hdr, depth of field, bloom and lots and lots more letting your application look outstanding.

Physics - Powered by NVidia's PhysX enables real time sophisticated physic simulations, containing massive amounts of objects on the scene.

Stability - Everything works as it should. If bugs are found, usually they're removed even within few minutes.

More than 80 tutorials - With their help you can master the engine in no time.

Constantly Evolving - Engine is updated in every few days, that's right, every few days you receive updates, improvements and new features.

Free to test - You can test the engine non-commercially for free as long as you like, if it's exactly what you're looking for, then don't hesitate to purchase a license for commercial use.

Tons of useful Functions, Features and Tools - Just check them out.

Screenshots

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Reactor

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

How much does it cost?

3. chillypacman

chillypacman Guest

4. Bad Sector

Original Member

In these Internet days, there isn't anything you can't get for free. Maybe this engine (and other non-free engines) do what other free engines do, but features aren't the only reason to choose an engine from another. Of course price is, but other stuff are very important too. Personally i think that the inclusion of a world editor (even if it is just an assembling editor, instead of a full-blown world creating package) is a big plus because the level designer(s) can start doing stuff immediatelly and free your hands from making this very necessary tool that almost every free engine out there misses (Irrlicht has one but its more of a scene graph editor than a world editor and its very limited - although it has a nice lightmapper). Of course depending on what you're doing, a program like Blender or Max can do the job.

What i mean with this post is that "engine features" are only a part of the total "engine value" when choosing an engine. Stuff like tools, documentation, tutorials (80 is an impressing number, btw - but a complete reference is much more important) add to this value. And of course a complete playable and sellable game adds A LOT (which, btw, is something that many engines - including free and commercial - do not have). Some may ignore your engine no matter what it offers if it doesn't have a completed commercial quality game.

5. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Nowadays I think is very important to offer a cross-platform (at least Pc - Mac if not console) 3d engine... this is a big feature missing right now.

6. chillypacman

chillypacman Guest

lack of demand maybe?

7. Bad Sector

Original Member

If you read through these boards, you'll see that people *do* want crossplatform support, especially Mac support since in some cases Mac sales can be equal to PC sales (or sometimes more, IIRC).

8. brun

brun New Member

I'll second badsector, tools is one of the most important aspects of an engine. Whoever has worked with 3d engines and 3d games will tell you exactly that, features are nice and important but most engines have pretty much the same features. Having a set of robust tools on the other hand is what makes an engine stand out among other engines.

9. drean

drean New Member

Thank you all for feedback,

Due to high interest of Engine pricing I've updated the web site to contain this information.

As for the cross platforming, of course it's always nice to be able launch your application on all platforms, but please notice that all big companies focus on PC and consoles (mainly xbox360 and ps3), and I think there's a reason for that. Sure you've got lots of folks (including people on the forums) that want to have Mac/Linux support, but most of the gamers targets PC(win) and consoles. But always, if I had lots and lots of time, I still would port the engine to support all the platforms, to satisfy everyone :) I think xbox would be first to look at, as it's based on Direct3D and would be the easiest thing to do. But for now, I still need to add some extra features to the engine.
    Any other worthfull suggestions appreciated.
    Thank you for your attention.

10. drean

drean New Member

well, not exactly :)
    First of all there are offered other paying plans, not only the one that you've mentioned.
    Second, I'm sure that other engines are in some cases better than Esenthel Engine, but I'm also sure that Esenthel Engine is in some cases better than others. It's only for the developers to choose what's more suitable for them.
    And I'm posting to promote my engine of course, so more people will hear about it, and I hope that they will like it.
    Cheers!

11. Reactor

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

And none of them sound too great, either. For example, I can use BlitzMax and the Truevision 3D engine to achieve pretty much what you've got going with your engine, and that'd set me back about $250.

Best of luck with the sales, but if you'd like to target the indie crowd you should aim for a more competitive pricing model (see Torque).