Enemy Technology releases "I of the Enemy" for the PC!

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by mtemple, Nov 14, 2004.

1. mtemple

Original Member

Hello,

We are a small independent developer called Enemy Technology, based in Oceanside, CA, and we would like to announce the release of our first title, "I of the Enemy", a science fiction real-time strategy game for the PC. You can download the demo, which includes the first 3 missions and tutorials, in 'Free Downloads' from www.enemytechnology.com. IOE only requires a minimum PC spec - Win95, 98, Me, 2000, XP, 128 MB of RAM, 25 MB min. of free space (depending on the type of installation you choose), 4x DVD/CD ROM drive, DirectX 8 or higher. In the full version, there are 25 missions in the single player campaign game, and you can play with up to 8 of your friends via LAN or the internet with GameSpy handling multi-player match making.

The emphasis in this game has moved away from gathering, mining and building, and instead concentrates on interesting tactical problems. Combat takes place on 3 planets - Ackinaen, Eylea and Gha'adath - all with varying terrain and challenges. You may also choose to build your own map with the map editor. Realistic facets of combat include reinforcements arriving according to an Order-of-Battle (which may be misleading due to poor intelligence), via a temporal gate or port facility. The indirect fire weapons (artillery) targeted by spotter units discourage fixed defenses and large formations by pulverizing your guys if they bunch up.

Each unit advances in experience, toughness and morale rating, visibly changing through 4 stages: Green, Veteran, Crack & Elite, and they can be carried forward to the next missions to provide more capabilities and firepower. "Advanced" units acquire heavier weapons or equivalent combat advantages.

That's about the best overview I can think of! Please download the demo and let me know what you think!

2. patrox

Indie Author

Hi

why do you say 25MB Free space when the .zip is a download of 140MB ?
    Isn't it possible to have a 25 MB download for trial ?

Thanks
    pat.

3. princec

Indie Author

Clicked download, had to enter things, went away.

Cas :)

4. EpicBoy

Original Member

Yeah, you gotta be kidding on the information gathering for the demo download. I did the same thing. Clicked, said "wtf?", and moved on.

Remember, the customer is doing YOU the favor by downloading your demo - not the other way around. Don't make them jump through hoops.

5. DangerCode

Original Member

Yeah, you'll want to give up on forcing interested parties to register with you before letting them have a demo.

The screen shots look nice though.

6. mtemple

Original Member

Folks,

Nothing has to be entered! Registration is totally optional. Just read the next sentence and you'll see that you can go to the downloads page without typing anything. Or you can just use this link Download. Oh heck... I'll just rip the signup page out!!
    As for the load size, yes, sorry about that! The demo does require more hard drive space because it must all be installed to the hard drive. The full game is on CD and thus requires only about 25 MB on the hard drive if you opt to play all of the movies from the CD.

Thanks,

#6 mtemple, Nov 15, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  7. Jim Buck

Indie Author

I didn't download the demo yet, but I did go to the page to see what information was being required. I did see the alternate link and figured it was changed after some of the earlier responses here. But after the OP response, I guess it was like that all along and shows what we knew all along in software development - people don't read manuals/dialog boxes/etc, so don't depend on it. :)

#7 Jim Buck, Nov 15, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  8. mtemple

Original Member

You're right Jim!!

But I guess even the sight of those edit boxes must evoke such an emotional response that they probably need to be destroyed. So I did just that!
    The ironic thing is that I never asked for a signup page there in the first place. I think the webmaster thought she was doing us a favor by throwing it in.

Well, now I know better.

Thanks,

Mark.

9. Nemesis

Original Member

Also, get those screen thumbs linked to full-scale images.. if I can't see the screenshots properly I'm far less inclined to even download the demo..

10. mtemple

Original Member

Nemesis,

Great idea!! Working on it!

Thanks,

11. princec

Indie Author

Downloading now...

Cas :)