Endless Empires Open Beta

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by lennard, Jul 10, 2012.

1. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

[​IMG]

Are you a fan of games like Risk, Conquer Club and Lux? If so you are going to love Endless Empires! Lots of game setup options to customize your game experience, a growing library of interesting new game maps and best of all, it's free to play in your browser! No download, no setup, free to play, just create an account and get into some turn based strategy war gaming against all of your friends and foes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drop me a line if you want to challenge me to a head to head game!

#1 lennard, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  2. Applewood

I just tried to register and got this for my troubles when I clicked the verify link:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/lennard/public_html/bgames/ee/verify.php on line 8
    Invalid verification code.

You might also want to put a direct link to the game in this announcement somewhere.

Full disclosure, Rubicon are investigating making a risk alike game as our next project, but will be nothing like this.

3. pepp

pepp New Member

Same php problem here.

The 1st time I visited the website, I closed when seeing registration was needed; did you consider adding a 'guest' option to play without creating yet another account ?

4. lennard

Sorry guys, I've had Alaric address this. Your accounts did get created and I took the liberty of setting up a game for each of you against... me!

Paul, I look forward to playing your "Risk alike" game. It's a crowded market but I'm a big fan of the genre and always happy to play more games in it. To paraphrase, "The bastards say welcome."

5. Desktop Gaming

6. Nutter2000

Original Member Indie Author

Yeah looks good lennard, good luck with it!

7. lennard

Thanks guys. I remember going for a walk with Jennifer in 2006 and saying I should make a game like this... 2 Augusts ago I had a week alone and wanted to learn Javascript so I coded up the basis for the client that runs this thing. Last January Alaric (our 19 year old) said he wanted to work on the back end and he has been apprenticing ever since. Long story short, it's taken quite a while for this to come into being. I'm really enjoying being designer/producer and it's my job to keep on cranking out 2 maps a month over the long haul. Couldn't be happier doing so.

Let me know if any of you sign up and I'll get in and start a game against you. When we have a decent player base I'll start running monthly prizes for the leaderboards.

8. manimani

manimani New Member

Just signed up... am i right in saying each "turn" takes a day? Would be great if there was a quick match against cpu. Looks good. I play strategy games in general so this appealed to me.

9. lennard

If you are playing against a friend who takes quick turns then it can go at the speed you take your turns at. If you are taking turns around work or school then you can just check in every day or so (you'll get an email) and keep up with your games.

Right now everybody can have up to 4 games on the go. More capacity and speed games will be offered as soon as we have enough players to warrant it. No plans for CPU play - our goal is to be the best PVP game of this type - lots of other games do a great job at AI's.

10. lennard

Manimani I just created a bunch of 2 player games, feel free to come and join some if you care for a game right now.

Go here:

http://www.rustyaxe.com/bgames/ee/index.php

and click on the find games tab. Next click the Find Games button with the default selection and you will be given a list of games you can join.

11. manimani

manimani New Member

Ah ok understood. Sorry, had logged off by the time you replied. Will get a friend to signup so i can try it later.