Embedded HTML on SDL Surface

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by mash, Feb 28, 2007.

1. mash

Original Member

I would like to view a prepared HTML page (Ads, up-sell screen, etc.) on a fullscreen and windowed SDL Surface. Have you got any idea (API, library, etc.)?

2. Bad Sector

Original Member

In theory all you need is Gecko (Firefox's layout and rendering engine). You'll need to do a lot of interfacing work though.

3. impossible

Original Member

You might want to check out web kit as well. I'm not sure how easy it is to just plug in the HTML parser and renderer.

4. Indiepath

Indiepath New Member

There is another way to do this other than rendering to a surface - it also works in IE7 Vista Protected mode which prevents local rendering.

PM me for details.

5. esmelon

esmelon New Member

6. voxel

voxel New Member

www.ubrowser.com - NOT for VC8. VC71 is the best compiler to use due to all the dependancies...