Email Greetings & Signatures

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Master of Orion, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Master of Orion

Master of Orion New Member

This is almost too stupid to post.

But I do believe this group can help me with that. Please help!

The problem is this: people are different when writing emails, the way they greet and say good-buy and stuff and I am suddenly overwhelmed with that.

The specific thing is, some people have a greeting in their email. But, you know, ahem, those old-school geeks or how you want to call them, they don't. They just type the message. I like that. But it also comes off unfriendly if people do give a greeting and all that and you just brush over it.

Having a greeting feels also stupid when you have a whole conversation back and forth and you write thousand times "Hi Dave, …" - i think the geeks got that right. Or do they?

If you could help me with the thinking here and maybe also share what your experiences are within the different cultures that end up in your inbox, that would be highly appreciated.