ECTS London 2004

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by princec, Sep 3, 2004.

1. princec

Indie Author

Well, here I am, 11.41am at Earls Court sitting in the AMD developer lounge, subverting their machines with Super Elvis and Alien Flux (tee hee).

Where is everybody?

I'm wearing a strange red scarf/hat/tube thing on my head and carrying round a huge armoured blue coat. And a Tesco's bag containing a cheese sandwich.

Cas :)

2. alfie

Indie Author

Dont throw that Tesco bag away when you have eaten that cheese sandwich, use it for all those freebies you are going to get :)

Alfie

PS Isnt that new publisher Alchemy going to ECTS?, try them again with AF at 50K.

3. Dom

Dom
    Original Member

Bah humbug - I was there yesterday :)

4. Jason Colman

Indie Author

Hi, I was there yesterday too. I decided not to go back today - got too much to do, (just got back from holiday).
    I though it was pretty quiet yesterday, although I had not been before and didn't really know what to expect. Still, I gave my shiny new business card to a few people :)

5. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Cas, dressed like that you think that someone will dare to approach you? :D then don't complain if no one saw AF during the ECTS!! LOL

6. Rod Hyde

Original Member

The Cas in the Hat? :)

7. BongPig

Indie Author

Cheese sandwich?
    Wow! ECTS really sounds kicking this year.

But seriously. We're not there this year. We're being 'represented' at EGN instead.

8. Obscure

Indie Author

ECTS was a graveyard this year. EGN wasn't much better on the Wednesday but picked up after that and was quite good (if you had already arranged meetings). Not much to see but lots of meetings going on in meeting rooms.

Game Stars Live was next door and was OK too.

9. alfie

Indie Author

Obscure,

Is GameStars being televised? and if so do you know when?

Alfie

10. princec

Indie Author

ECTS was almost a waste of time but I met an interesting chap I've been meaning to see for a long time from the Java Gaming forums, and talked to an agent from Aardvark Swift about J2ME games contracts (seem to be worth between £10k-30k a pop, so reasonably lucrative).

11. Obscure

Indie Author

Don't know I am afraid. I was busy over at EGN and just walked over to GSL for a quick look. Spent more time in the bar of the floating hotel than GSL ;)

12. Nutter2000

Original Member Indie Author

Sadly we couldn't make it this year either

Especially after spending an extortionate amount of money for train tickets just to get to the Microsoft XNA Day on time on the tuesday. Bloody trains :(

13. serg3d

Original Member

Hey, princec, I'm in the mobile gaming too. I've started from Symbian C++ platform though, but planning move to J2ME too later. May be we can cross-test, discuss hardware etc. I'm feeling little lonely in the mobile area (only MirekCz from this forum into mobile too)

14. samnova

Original Member

One more mobile dude here :) But that's fulltime job...

check www.mobilescope.com

Cheers,
    Sam

15. princec

Indie Author

Haven't firmed anything up yet... have given my current employer an ultimatum to double my rate or I'm off in search of pastures greener. Will known in a few weeks I expect.

16. serg3d

Original Member

Hmm, may be we should make a forum specifically for mobile indies ? :)
    A lot of staff different from PC - - other distributors, other buyer profile (? not sure), lot of platforms etc.