Dungeon Pub Crawl

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Grey Alien, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Grey Alien

Indie Author

I'm proud of this one. Only took a couple of days in Monkey using my framework.

Dungeon Pub Crawl: Drink in as many pubs as possible in this new roguelike #onegameamonth minigame. http://www.kongregate.com/games/GreyAlien/dungeon-pub-crawl

It's only basic due to the short coding time but I'm sure I could expand it a lot more now the basic engine is done.

2. HarryBalls

HarryBalls New Member

nice job. That's a time suck game.

3. Nutter2000

Original Member Indie Author

That's great Jake, love it :-D

If you added more levels and expanded it a bit I reckon you'd have a cult classic on your hands :)

#3 Nutter2000, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  4. Musenik

Original Member

You've got something here. Not sure if it's a win yet... The monsters felt like they clashed with the 'theme' of the game. What if, instead, you need to recruit drinking buddies and get them to pay for your drinks... just openly postulating.

5. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Thanks for playing all! Yeah I'm temped to expand this at some point or at least use the engine for a bigger game.

6. Nutter2000

I showed it to a few guys in the office, one guy went from "that's a piece of crap" to "oh actually it's not bad" to several minutes later "phew completed it that was great" :-D

Always a good sign :-D

7. bantamcitygames

Administrator Original Member Indie Author Greenlit

I played for a little bit... pretty fun!

8. Grey Alien

Indie Author

@Nutter2000 Ha that's a great progression!

9. HarryBalls

HarryBalls New Member

make it into a mobile game.

10. Grey Alien

Indie Author

I could do fairly easily as Monkey language is cross platform. However, aren't roguelikes hard to make decent controls for on phone?

11. Nutter2000

Some twin stick shooters have been profitable on mobile (gun bros. for example) so there is precedence for a virtual stick method.

You could also try a fixed stick method, ie the user controls the player by pressing below the avatar and the avatar reacts as if it's fixed to the player by a stick.
    I have no idea what the official term for that is but I've seen it used in smash cops on iphone. :)

But you'll be encroaching on my own ideas for a rogue like on iphone so go away :p
    (Just kidding go for it ;-))