Dungeon Demon released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by lennard, Jul 20, 2010.

1. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Terrace, BC – July 20, 2010 – Rusty Axe Games, a developer and publisher of downloadable game software, is proud to announce the availability of Dungeon Demon! Dungeon Demon is a map design and editing tool for tabletop RPG, wargame and computer game map development.

Early adopter pricing at $19.99 is available until Aug. 30, 2010 when Dungeon Demon will return to its' normal price of $29.99.

Dungeon Demon features:

Free upgrades forever!

An easy to use editor that blends rapid tiling with object placement. The tiling tool allows users to rapidly drag out ground, floor and wall layers before using the stamper to drop down individual objects.

Dungeon Demon ships with roughly 200 pieces of professional, royalty free artwork that you can use in your own map designs. Additional art packs are available at www.RustyAxe.com/apps/dd/artPacks.php. Royalty free licensing for commercial computer game development is available and include source art files in 32-bit alpha file formats for inclusion in game engines.

Up to 9 user definable layers with no map dimension size restrictions!

Dungeon Demon blends tiling and simple object placement to give you the best of both worlds in a fast and easy to use object oriented map editor. The grid system enables rapid tiling of wall and floor sections and graphic objects can be placed at any position in the map.

Export maps as bitmaps or in XML format for use in computer games. Print maps directly from

Dungeon Demon or import bitmaps directly into your favorite paint program for further touch up.

Use the legend tool to annotate your maps. Easy to use XML template system allows computer game

designers to add additional map data with the legend tool.

For more information and screen shots please visit http://www.rustyaxe.com/apps/dd/index.php

A video of the tool in use can be found at http://www.rustyaxe.com/apps/dd/vids/ddIntro/index.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mattias Gustavsson

Original Member

I've been following the development of this one for a while now - I must say that I think it is an awesome project, and I hope it does well for you :)

3. Applewood

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I've never really been caught up in these games, despite being a code geek. (don't like pizza either).

However, I know a lot of people who do this stuff and I'll be sure to post your link around. It looks really nice and I reckon as an additional income stream you need to invest in colour printer ink companies...

4. HarryBalls

HarryBalls New Member

Congratulations

Nice job. The graphics look sharp with great detail.

5. Qitsune

Qitsune New Member

I'm not sure how that's possible but the actual maps look much much better than the sample items. So I think I'd show less samples and more maps. Also, your lightbox script thing seems to take forever, there are maps I can't see at all (Magekeep.)

6. wazoo

Original Member

great stuff! Hope it does well for you!

7. electronicStar

Original Member

Nice, creating floorplans is a game all by itself.