DROID ASSAULT released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by princec, May 3, 2008.

1. dma

dma New Member

10% CR is excellent. Don't give up. It seems the only hurdle you have, as you already seem to realize, is exposure. Damn, at my earlier post of you getting 5,000 downloads per day, at 10%, you'd be grossing $149,250 (US) per month. That's only slightly more than minimum wage. ;)

2. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Yeah great CR dude! I find that those shareware download sites (I use a submission service for $30) normally get me a reasonable number of downloads so I hope that pans out, because at 10% you should be doing great if you can get 10,000+ downloads. Maybe arrange a competition and make another press release? Have you talked to any PC mags yet about a little feature? And how about getting it reviewed on Game Tunnel? I've tried to send people your way, I emailed 400+ (but some of them are not the target market). Are there any computer game shows on TV anymore? How about trying to get shown on that!

3. princec

Indie Author

I suspect a lot of that 10% were fans. Give it a bit of time and it'll settle back down to our usual CR of about 2-3%.

Cas :)

4. Dan MacDonald

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Grats on the release Cas, it's great to see how far it's come :D

( I think you nailed the capture mechanic too )

#64 Dan MacDonald, May 8, 2008
    Last edited: May 8, 2008
  5. Nikster

Original Member

Cas, have you ever approached "retrogamer" magazine ? they tend to have several pages devoted to new-retro games, might be worth seeing if you can get in there.

6. Grey Alien

Indie Author

just read this on a James C. Smith blog:

Cool, hope it does well for you via Reflexive! Noticed it's still $9.95 on there too even though one comment seems to think it's $19.95, doh! (wondered if the 5 star comment was yours too ;-))

7. princec

Indie Author

Early days yet for Ultratron on Reflexive, but let's just say it was cracked and warezed (after 5 years without) before it got even a single sale :( We changed the price on Reflexive in line with our own price changes for the launch of DA.

8. princec

Indie Author

Yes - should be something appearing soon!

9. ToadTrip

ToadTrip New Member

I've always really liked what Puppygames has been doing Cas. The look of your website is fantastic and the games really smooth. I thought Titan Attacks was excellent to. I'd definitely have to reiterate what the other guys have said here that exposure is probably your biggest problem. Keep at it!

10. princec

Indie Author

We're working on the exposure thing...

11. 320x240

320x240 New Member

I started a thread on your game over at the 'shmups.com' forum. The shmup community ought to support indie developers that concentrate on shmups; especially when they actually make games as good as yours. Keep up the good work.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=22992

Edited to add that you could submit your game to http://shootthecore.moonpod.com/ and have it listed in the 'pc database' there.

12. princec

Indie Author

Why, thank you :)