DROID ASSAULT released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by princec, May 3, 2008.

1. princec

Indie Author

Droid Assault's out! (Quietly does it, just a few forum spams first before the mailing list etc)

You can grab the demo from this page for your respective OS.

Here's a screenie or 2 if you've not seen any yet:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes, it's only $9.95 too.

Cas :)

2. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Awesome! but... why you went with the $9.95 price tag :confused:

3. princec

Indie Author

Just to see how it does in its early stages as an impulse buy. Already had one testimonial to that effect too (and 5 sales :) ):

4. Jack Norton

Indie Author

That's cool, seems it started well! :cool:

5. berserker

Indie Author

Cool!

This is your first game I actually enjoyed a lot and played up until demo expired. I think concept of capturing other bots is neat but you have to explain it because I was puzzled about when I was able to capture it and when not.

Also game graphics looks to dark and depressive to my taste but I assume this is your style.
    ________
    FIFTH-GENERATION CHEVROLET CAMARO SPECIFICATIONS

#5 berserker, May 3, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  6. FlySim

Indie Author

Nice, I will be digging out the credit card!

7. Tertsi

Indie Author

I really preferred the faster action Ultratron and alike. I uninstalled this after one play, it just didn't hit. Good thing that others don't seem to share my opinion about this game. :)

8. princec

Indie Author

Shame, you have no idea just how mental it gets :)

9. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Snaffled. Will you be affiliating this via BMC or Plimus or does it need a special build?

10. princec

Indie Author

BMT (product 18990018). Could do Plimus if I'm sufficiently hassled.

11. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Cool thx, I might post some news about it on Binary Joy and wanted a linkypoos.

Anyway, I like it. It's neat, like Ultratron and Paradroid rolled into one. Man you made that demo time out at a FIENDISH place ;-)

Are your other games on BMT without a custom build now? Dunno why I'm asking, I should just check...

OK now I'm confused. There's two Droid Assaults, which one is PC and which is Mac or are they different in some other way? (OK just checked and they have the same links right?) Also there's about 12 titan attacks and 5 ultratron. Which links should I use please? (Oh OK, so I use the cheaper ones, doh! ;-) (btw, I put Mac in my Holiday Bonus product title so it was obvious...). thx

#11 Grey Alien, May 3, 2008
    Last edited: May 3, 2008
  12. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

I'll be trying this, and hopefully selling it as an affiliate. good luck dude. but you are MAD to sell for $9.95. at least make it $14.95!

13. AlexN

Original Member

Cas, just want to let you know it doesn't run on my Mac (OSX10.5.2) with Java 6. I'll switch to Java 5 and see if it works.

14. Adrian Cummings

Indie Author

This is a difficult area indeed now tho is it not - pricing?, I'm selling PC down at $7.95 online which as low as it gets for me when stuff reaches near end of line in my case and also given you can actually buy a lot of game on PS3/XBox store in digital form for around the same price now at the other end of the developer spectrum.

No offence but personally I think $9.95 is on the nose for princec's game in mass market reality really.

$14.95 to $19.95 everything or higher does not apply to all grades/types of software IMHO... sure some will pay it but many would'nt in the current climate for this type of game.

I stuck one of my last PC titles through a well known publisher in the last 6 months and they in turn released it at the now bog fixed standard of $19.95. Needless to say it's hardly sold at all - in fact I've sold many more than they have from day one after grading the software from $19.95->$14.95->$9.95->$7.95 over time in a 6 months period.

Different titles require different pricing approches I guess to shift them in any numbers to the consumer - not just to other fan developers on here perhaps :)

#14 Adrian Cummings, May 4, 2008
    Last edited: May 4, 2008
  15. Grey Alien

Indie Author

I think it's a good price. The game is a neat retro affair, but it doesn't have a meta game and a long single player campaign that maybe people expect from a $19.95 game - it's just a well polished good fun short blast at an impulse buy price (same as two beers or a cheap DVD). Hopefully the Tomb game will be more involved and justify a $19.95 price.

16. Grey Alien

Indie Author

17. princec

Indie Author

Hmm, not entirely unsurprised. Need to ship with a DMG instead of a zip then I can symlink to the Java application launching stub provided with the JDK... but Mac is hundreds of miles away again, bah.

18. princec

Indie Author

Thanks for the p1mpage. $9.95 seems to be a good price point for it. And all our games for that matter.

19. Grey Alien

Indie Author

This game keeps on getting better, the later levels are tough but there are some robots with awesome firepower.

20. elias

Original Member

Make sure you use a recent lwjgl with x86_64 support compiled into the liblwjgl.jnilib, or else java6 on mac won't work.

- elias