Drafts storage

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by speeder, Jun 10, 2011.

1. speeder

speeder New Member

I noticed I have a problem... I have lots of ideas, some I take note, and even less I put the notes in a decent place...

Then I decided to make a certain game, and I noticed that I did not take notes of it, and do not remember how to actually make it, or I forgot where I stored the notes...

So, how you store your game design ideas and notes, and how you organize them?

2. richtaur

Indie Author

If it's code, GitHub. Other stuff, Dropbox :) Usually consists of a barely-working prototype, some scribbles in Photoshop or just a text file.

3. xDan

xDan New Member

I've got a box full of A4 notebooks.

For on-computer stuff, bitbucket and Google Docs.

4. Cartman

Indie Author

I use Microsoft One Note. It works well for me and you can put almost anything in it. And it syncs to all me machines so I instantly can get to my notes anywhere.

5. Richard Nunes

Richard Nunes New Member

EditPad from JGSoft. I use plain text files. I use Paint or Illustrator to draw. When I use Illustrator I always export to a PNG so that I can quickly review an image, share it with others. Excel is invaluable. I use a long-defunct flowcharting program (the website supporting the program was taken offline about eight years ago) and export to PDF.

I always keep a copy in an easily accessible format. I don't necessarily want to fire up Illustrator, Photoshop, MS Project and Word to read over an old idea. I stick to plain text files, PNGs and PDFs. I have plenty of old files in proprietary formats that are not fully supported.