Dolphin Entertainment, LLC seeking Programmer for Brigades

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by Tarvin, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Tarvin

Indie Author

What you will be working on
    ======================================
    Brigades will be a tactical team-based multiplayer game presented in a top-down perspective. A wide assortment of tanks, weapons, and more will provide players with varied gameplay and allow for a wide variety of tactics.

After the completion of Brigades the focus will be on developing smaller titles in order to develop a varied revenue stream more quickly. As revenue is established the studio will begin developing larger projects and work toward expansion.

Expectations
    =======================================
    You will be expected to:
    -program games in the Unity3D engine using C# for both mobile and computer platforms
    -Integrate multiplayer services offered for mobile platforms and integrate third party multiplayer networking services
    -Integrate add network plug-ins, social features, and analytic plug-ins into mobile projects
    -Utilize assets from the Unity Store where necessary to decrease development time where possible

-Coordinate with the team to set and reach project milestones
    -Port games across a wide number of different platforms through Unity
    -To be easily contactable and be able to attend team meetings

-Honor a Non-Disclosure Agreement about all ongoing and future projects including details and information concerning plans for sequels unless permission is given to disclose information.
    -To fully utilize available tools to effectively coordinate with the team

Pay and Compensation
    =====================================
    Compensation will be based initially on a shared revenue model with equal shares going to each person after expenses. A share will also be counted for the studio itself to pay for future expenses and contribute to studio stability. Revenue for each person will be initially capped at $80,000 per year and later transition to standard yearly salary with benefits when the studio can support the expenses.

An additional bonus of $100,000 will be awarded, whether in portions or all at once, as the studio can afford the expense. This bonus will be for signing on at the start of the project.

An additional moving bonus may also be awarded of $50,000 when revenue is strong enough to support establishing a physical studio location.

Road to Funding

After the completion of a prototype build Brigades will be submitted to a Developers Assistance Program for potential help in gameplay balance, fine tuning microtransaction design, and monetary assistance.

After this, regardless of outcome, work will begin on a self-crowdfunding effort that will have no cut off period, no delay before receiving contributions, and no arbitrary minimum before payout can be received.

Work Arrangements
    Work will done remotely until the studio has the revenue required to established a physical studio location.

About Myself
    My name is Jason Patterson and I am the studio founder, lead designer, part concept artist, and am responsible for building and maintaining the studio website, www.degames.co. I was the lead designer for the studio’s first project Flashback, which can be found through the website. We were able to launch the game to the Android marketplace before the demands of real life caused team members to part ways.

I founded the studio out of a desire to follow my passion and make a living doing what I love. In order to prepare for this project I have done most all of the groundwork from creating the document, including detailed spreadsheets of stats for tanks and other elements and concept art, to arranging for a partnership with Gamedonia for cross-platform multiplayer. This partnership will allow for a larger unified audience to be reached where gamers can share the game with friends without being so limited by what devices their friends own.

How to apply
    Send your resume and any other documentation you have to jobs@degames.co

Please include or links to any portfolio you might have.

The subject of the email must be in the following format:
    Programmer Position – Last name, First Name

If you have questions please send a PM or respond to this topic.

#1 Tarvin, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  2. WaveRider

Indie Author

I'm sorry, but a $50,000 cap is ridiculous.
    I would laugh out loud at any studio that offered only a $50,000 salary.
    The whole point of working for free initially is to get a piece of the big payday if the game succeeds.
    If you expect an educated, experienced programmer to join you, you need to have more respect for the risk that they're willing to take for you.

3. Tarvin

Indie Author

Thank you for giving needed feedback. The initial idea is that the $50,000 per year cap would be only until the company could support higher wages though you do make a good point. The wage projections will now be revised up and a bonus will be added that will be honored when the studio can meet the expenses.

Does the new payout plan seem better now?

#3 Tarvin, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016