Dogfight: The Great War

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HunterSD, Jan 7, 2008.

1. HunterSD

Indie Author

Hi Guys,

We've just put a new game up over at Rock Solid Arcade, a World War 1 plane flying game.

Have a go and tell me what you think!
    [​IMG]

2. Roman Budzowski

Indie Author

I played ten missions or so and it was great. Somehow I feel that levels with 10 or so enemies are easier than those with 2 + ground guns.

Great job.

best
    Roman

3. barrygamer

Original Member

Cool! You are creating a really fun set of games there. Others may disagree, but I found it a bit too tough. You could perhaps add a couple of easy early fights, with the enemies slower. Actually, I'd have more fun throughout if the enemies weren't so hard.

4. Nexic

Indie Author

Thought it was great. Liked you stunt plane game but this is much more fun.

Difficulty seemed fine for me, especially since it will be aimed at flash gamers who are a little more skilled than your average casual gamer.

#4 Nexic, Jan 7, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  5. barrygamer

Original Member

ouch, I must be rubbish :D I will test again...

6. Midnight Synergy

Indie Author

Nicely done. Although personally I prefer the stund plane game... the problem with many dogfight games is that they turn into an endurance match of turning and turning and turning and turning, which is not as interesting (to me).

7. mot

mot
    Indie Author

Ouch! Just finished designing a similar game, although a bit more complex. Prepare to be cloned :)

Yours is a nice one though, congratulations!

8. Jesse Hopkins

Jesse Hopkins New Member

---------------

#8 Jesse Hopkins, Jan 7, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  9. HunterSD

Indie Author

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

The difficulty was probably our main concern during development. Unfortunately this is the kind of game that some people are going to find too easy and others too hard.

Jesse - the music is already about 650k! We really can't make the game much bigger than it already is (2mb) because the server load would just be too much. It was bought stock, yes.

I don't think we'll ever expand this game, but we may well reuse the engine at some point in the future. It would be cool to have a little mission generator, with options to setup the battle.

The mountains are blurry to make the gunners on the ground pop a bit more... we want to make sure the player doesn't miss one.

Thanks again!