Dirk Dashing: Secret Agent! Special Edition is released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by GolfHacker, Feb 8, 2013.

1. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Member

I'm pleased to announce that the Special Edition of Dirk Dashing: Secret Agent! has been released for Windows, Mac, and Linux!

[​IMG]

I've ported the original game to the new Dirk 2 engine, so it looks, sounds, and plays better than ever! I've also added 8 brand new levels and made hundreds of tweaks to the existing levels.

You can download a free demo of the new version from http://www.dirkdashing.com

There's also a new strategy guide available for the game. This 128-page electronic booklet includes full-color maps for all 38 levels, walkthroughs, conceptual art, and more! You can download a free sample of the guide and purchase it from here: http://www.dirkdashing.com/dirkdashing1guide.htm

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This year marks my 10th anniversary of professional game development, so it's fitting that my first Dirk Dashing game has received a major upgrade. This game (and its sequel) really reflect me, as a person - who I am, and what I like - my love of comic books and classic gaming, my sense of humor, my art, my style of story-telling, and more. The Dirk Dashing games are the kinds of games that I've always wanted to make, and I'm grateful that I've had the opportunity. I hope I can continue to make more of them, because I've got so many other stories I want to tell - not just about Dirk Dashing but about Rick Rocket and some other wonderful characters you haven't even met yet.

I hope you enjoy the game. And "thank you" to everyone who has supported me over the years by buying my games and telling your friends/colleagues/customers about them! I couldn't keep doing this without you!

Sincerely,

Troy Hepfner
    My Game Company

2. Indinera

Moderator Indie Author

Congratz, and good luck with the special edition!

3. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Member

Thanks! I just blogged about the amazing sales I've had so far with this.

4. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Member

And here's the new video trailer (can't figure out how to embed it directly in my post):

[video]http://youtu.be/TRTlj8GH3yk[/video]

5. MikeHart

MikeHart New Member

Congratulations. This was the first time I learned about Dirk D. I really love the style and it is a motivation for me to keep going.

6. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Member

Thanks, MikeHart!