directx sdk downloads?

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by IMnotBNcrE8ive, Oct 29, 2007.

1. IMnotBNcrE8ive

IMnotBNcrE8ive New Member

Anybody know of a place to download the DirectX 9.0c sdk, other than Microsoft's download site? The validation process does not work for me. I have tried numerous other mirrors, but their links are dead. I guess Microsoft may have pressured them to take away the downloads. The only files I think I need are dinput.h, dinput.lib, dsound.h, and dsound(8?).lib. Could anybody please provide these or tell me where else I might download from?

2. IMnotBNcrE8ive

IMnotBNcrE8ive New Member

found a zip somewhere with just the includes and libs. if anyone else needs this, feel free to contact me. i hadta hunt around an IRC to find it.

3. MrGoldfish

Original Member

Do you even need to validate for the DX SDK downloads? I've never done that :confused:

4. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

It has to be validated on Vista. If you're trying to install on a knocked off copy of Vista - that's why it doesn't work.

5. AlexN

Original Member

Last I check, both XP and Vista needs to be validated before you can download one.

6. Cygon

Cygon New Member

You read this post, enter "DirectX SDK November 2007" in google and find several sites that mirror the SDK without validation directly on the first results page.

Then you begin think whether you should really, really reply or whether you should let this guy find it out himself so he'll google himself next time... :p

-Markus-