DHSGiT is now on Steam.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Musenik, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Pyabo

Original Member

Sounds more like a Digg article. Cliffski? :)

2. amaranth

Original Member

You know, I *think* this might be a better fit for your game. I am very curious to see how the audience at Steam reacts, but I believe you have turned down the right trail.

3. Musenik

Original Member

amaranth, I hope you're right. One interesting factor is, there is no demo on Steam. At the $10 price point I'm asking, how much do you trust Steam and Metacritic, and web awards. I think it was the right thing to do.

On Amazon, it probably isn't. But sales there are almost dried up. I may remove DHSGiT from Reflexive when our agreement expires. That'll give Amazon customers several months to learn how to buy downloadable games from Amazon. If sales are still in the toilet, I may re-price outside of Steam back to a higher, niche product appropriate amount.

4. Jfudge

Jfudge New Member

Have you tried Gamer'sGate, Mesmer Games? Penny Arcade's store endeavor or impulse? All pretty a pretty good fit for your product.