Dexterity Forums Officially Gone

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Mike Boeh, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Mike Boeh

Administrator Original Member

It's all in Dan's hands... He is the one working with SteveP on this....

2. Kai Backman

Original Member Indie Author IGF Finalist

One important thing the new forums have done is to reactivate many older members who where dormant before the closing of the Dexterity boards. I think this is a very positive move, I personally feel more responsible for the well being of the community now that it is officially one and not part of a specific company board. Independent of how Dan manages to transfer the data we are building a new base of knowledge for this community.

3. Greg Squire

Original Member

I like to officially thank the hosts and admins of our new forum here. I believe they are:

Mike Boeh
    Steve Verreault
    Dan MacDonald

I learned about the Dexterity forums just as they were moving (so I never posted there), but I have seen this to be a really helpful community. I hope it continues to be a place where us Indie’s can help and support each other. Thanks for offering your time and resources to make this happen!

If this forum is ever in danger of going away again, please let us all know. I’m sure the community would band together and help out in any way needed (even financially) to help keep this place together

Again, I and lots of others (I’m sure), Thank You!

4. BarrySlisk

Original Member

Dexterity forums gone?

Hey..

Took me a while to figure out where you all went.

I have been without internet for 1½ months (still without but vacation is over so I can surf at work)..

5. Quest Engine

Indie Author

Dexterity Forums Archive

What's the status of the official effort to get an non-privacy-policy-violating archive of the dexterity forums? Is the effort under way? Is there an ETA? Is there anything I can do to help?

6. Dan MacDonald

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

We will be working on setting up the archive this week.