Developing an open-source 2D game engine for mobile

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by Adam Coville, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Adam Coville

Adam Coville New Member

Hello Indiegamer and thank you for the add.

This is an early alpha build of my custom-built 2D game engine, Valkyrie. This was my final assignment in school and I've decided to continue developing it. Valkyrie is written in C# using the Xamarin cross-platform mobile framework. This means that games developed with this engine can compile to native Android, iOS and Universal Windows platforms. That's a lot of markets in reach without all the work that usually comes from platform porting.

I've also made the engine open source, you can view the repo here at

https://github.com/acoville/Valkyrie2.0

I am making it as easy as possible for a small team or even solo developer to create content using this tool, just embed the resources mash together some XML and compile. If you're interested in supporting this engine or using it in your own projects please consider supporting Valkyrie on Kickstarter.