Developer Contest

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mjuricek, Oct 12, 2007.

1. mjuricek

mjuricek New Member

uness you agree not to do it,
    dp just commented and tried to clarify the part about "ownership" from the rules page

2. Pyabo

Original Member

After reading more about this, it definitely sounds less sinister that it first appeared. However, the legal wording in the agreement definitely has to change.

And maybe you need to work on your presentation / marketing. :eek:

3. mjuricek

mjuricek New Member

they working on it, I bother them about status almost every day

as far as the presentation/marketing I have no experience in that field at all, I'm a programmer not a salesman, sorry again for my ****** job :(

4. mjuricek

mjuricek New Member

just an update for you guys

dp had meeting with dev teams that are participating (2 teams showed up). 1 team made a POC video out of their playable demo (not available yet). And it didn't look bad. They are using source engine. If you interested to see what they came up with in such a short time I can give you the link

5. mjuricek

mjuricek New Member

6. mjuricek

mjuricek New Member

7. Adrian Cummings

Indie Author

I've only just seen all this heh.

Good idea with wrong PR approach?, as from what I read to date it all seems to be a bit unprofessional... looks like something that one of the dodgy UK tabloids would cook up to sell more papers.

Also changing rules over time once the contest is open, smacks a little of moving the goal posts to suits your own ends! I suggest Mr. DP gets himself some better PR cover here with some of his cash before his name and indeed ass gets further burnt in public here - ooch!

Have fun tho all that have and do enter :)

8. mjuricek

mjuricek New Member

There has not been any changes made to rules, but from the response I got before rules were hard to understand (worded incorrectly). It was just reworded and clarified for better understanding.

Like I said before I'm not a PR person or a salesman. And I do not work for dp either. So excuse my unprofessional approach.

some recent renders from 1 of our dev teams
    http://phpbb.acclaim.com/topsecret/viewtopic.php?p=65452&highlight=#65452

9. Adrian Cummings

Indie Author

Forgive me for saying but with the sum of money possibly involved here for the eventual winner, I would expect something in terms of PR with a little more presentation behind it as a pitch at developers to enter it - yes?

I have to indeed ask then (no personal offence is intended here) why you represent the contest on here as such when you have no knowledge of such PR and developer interfacing matters etc.

Where are DP's own PR and PA or something given the prize size of this contest - just looks somehow wrong to me?... sorry.

Anyway it's got nothing to do with me so I'll leave it to you guys.

10. mjuricek

mjuricek New Member

I just wanted to help to spread the word around. I'm member of the advisory board for project top secret (I don't like to broadcast it), but I consider myself just a regular member.
    Anyway before we had a pro dev team but it wouldn't be a trully community project then. I would assume it would be the same with advertising the project.
    I figured that If I approaching indie devs I would get a bit different feedback that I would get from a big company, where selling myself would be the key to success.

11. Adrian Cummings

Indie Author

Ah ha I see, thanks for the update regards your role in it. I'm sure that will further help enlighten others that pass by this thread like I myself did today.

Best wishes anyway ok.

12. Anjelus

Anjelus New Member

Heheā€¦ You really want to hear from PR people? Not the people in the community?

Anyways, In certain circumstances you are correct that more refined and polished PR presentation is required for the nature of this contest, and that has been implemented in several web fronts, most specifically in the partnership with IGN Mod Center. Both Advisory Board members and Individual Top Secret community members have been actively contacting various developer communities to both attract interest and answer general questions or relay links to the contest web front and the project forums.

This is partly to expand the resources to be in contact with the various communities beyond an impersonal e-mailing, or post, but provide a contact "face". But also Advisory Board members and community members are the boots on the ground and are intimately involved with the Project on a day to day basis with the many of the tasks. milestones and design elements.

However, when it comes to matters that require Higher level verification either on the web front, or in more direct developer negotiations, contact with David and Acclaim for those specific matters or in general is reliable and readily available usually within 24 hours or less. Also David and his team is kept appraised of things on a daily or weekly basis as situations warrant or develop.

Our Advisory Board members and Community members are very passionate and invested in the success of the project and seek to actively see it succeed as is David and his team with support from Acclaim. As such, our members wish to reach out and make initial contact to work towards the success of our project, which is why they come to communities to represent the project in the initial and on going contact process.

Also in terms of the Update and some changes to the Contest Rules and Timetables, it was mainly in the way of clarifications and in some situations extensions, as we interact with the development teams whom have signed on to take part in the contest expressed questions, comments and feedback, as well as questions that arise in the process. It is our intention to insure that any and all development teams get the support they require from our Community, Advisory Board, and Staff so they may put their best efforts into their contest submissions. All of which relates to the end result of making our community designed and created game come to life.

In some respects our community members and advisory board is our grass roots PR aparatus, though as I stated above, David is always within contact to address specific questions and concerns from the developer teams and communities and his own PR team works to further contact and ensure all relevant information is given out when required/requested.

To sum it up, The goal is simple, designed by the community, run by the community, developed by the community, winner chosen by the community, played by the community. Yes, now you can add promoted by the community to the list.

AnjelusX
    P:TS AB

13. mjuricek

mjuricek New Member