Designer with various skills looking for a team to join

Discussion in 'Other Services' started by Wrath, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Wrath

Wrath New Member

I am a systems administrator who is a hobbyist game designer and engineer. My specialty is in game mechanic design, balancing and theoretical implementation.

I have experience in many areas of game development. Unfortunately I would not consider myself a professional applicant simply because my breadth of knowledge is great but my depth and specialization knowledge is lacking.

I have an extensive background in web development.
    I have experience in contract negotiations and reading and sorting through legal documents.
    I have experience in information management and database design.
    I have experience in server configuration, virtualization, networking.
    I have used all of these skills in either some game development work or game server administration role.

Disclaimer I am not an artist.
    However...
    I have artistic vision and can identify quality gaps.
    I understand the basic concepts of 2D animation and have the appropriate software to create 2D animations relatively easily.
    I have done basic environmental art when necessary in 2d and some basic 3d modeling.

Disclaimer I am not a programmer.
    However...
    I have learned how to and at one time or another programmed in over 20 languages.
    I created one game in Unity a couple years back.

Disclaimer I am not an author.
    However...
    I have written scripts, screenplays, short stories, campaigns, back stories, most of which are lost to time.
    I have understanding of the concepts in designing plots and story lines that are affected and altered by the actions of the main character.
    I also have software applications to help in managing complex character interactions.

I would not mind a rev-share situation, most people avoid them due to the possibility of no profits. I am mostly interested in getting more official experience in game development so that I may be able to work in game development rather than being a systems admin.

Most of my game development experience is in "questionably legal modding" however I have a small amount in stand alone physical games and video games.

Which can be seen on my site.

http://wrathstudio.com/

2. Toblerone7557

Toblerone7557 New Member

Hello. I am a writer, and I have an idea for a 3d fantasy/ adventure kind of game. Unfortunately I am pretty inexperienced in the technical aspects of this, and I don't have a team. But if you'd be interested in taking some time to hear my ideas, I'd love the feedback, and any knowledge you could pass on. Thanks!

3. Wrath

Wrath New Member

I dont think I will be interested in assisting with your project but If you want to bounce Ideas off someone and gleam some knowledge, I'd be willing to assist

4. Blastmastermash

Blastmastermash New Member

I'm doing some work with a small team, and I'd be glad to talk to you about working with us on our game. Email me at Aach06@gmail.com and I'd love to go over it more.