Derelict Demo is finally done for OSX and PC! - well, almost

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Mark Fassett, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Mark Fassett

Moderator Indie Author

Wayward - glad you like the game :)

Could you give me some info about your machine? RAM, video card, driver version, etc... and can you see if you can reproduce that crash if you're willing?

As for the lack of controller customization, I'm sorely aware of the lack, but I'm not in any hurry to add it. The reason the key customization is there at all is because of the general nature of keyboards and conflicting keys. And some people may actually use that StickeyKeys shortcut. Also, the number of people that have game controllers on PC's is fairly limited so I'm not all that worried about it being missing out of the gate. If enough people clamor for it, or it becomes obvious that it's critical, I'll add it, but right now, I don't think the effort will be worth it.

I will see, however, what can be done about the dead zone. The value I chose works great on the half dozen or so controllers I have (some gravis, MS and Saitek controllers). Right now, the dead zone is about 15% of the physical range of the controller, which is more than I've seen recommened elsewhere. Maybe the controller just needed to be recallibrated in the controller control panel.