Democracy in stores

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cliffski, Oct 25, 2007.

1. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

Man, you really don't want the voice-overs. It's only reading out the text in the start dialog for each country (in a fairly amusing accent).
    Needless to say, not my idea :D.

2. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Congrats. Seeing your game on shelves is worth much more than money. (Money helps with paying the bills, though).

I remember standing behind someone in the queue at Game, who was buying a copy of Hole in One (which I wrote). I managed to fight the temptation to offer autographs, and just smiled to myself. Like this :D

3. Spiegel

Spiegel New Member

Never mind him... he's just a AAA mentality drone, he probably could not even get past the part of the game that goes like this : "Start Game" - that may have been to much of a challenge for him.

Besides... After every prize Democracy and kudos have won, the last thing on your mind should be a dead writer ;) ...

4. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Mark Twain isn't dead. He's alive and well, and writing drivers for scanners.

He is also 32.

5. Spiegel

Spiegel New Member

Now that's just creepy... :p

6. defanual

Original Member

Brilliant news!

Wow cliffski, well done, you just keep going from strength to strength! Just great news :)

7. Mashew

Mashew New Member

8. wazoo

Original Member

congratulations Cliffski!

Hope it does well for ya.

9. Aisle5

Indie Author

Nice job Cliffski!!! Congrats on the success!

I have to admit I haven't played Democracy since stat driven games typically are not my thing but I have only heard great things about all of your games so Mark Twain can just bug off (to put it politely)!

Our game, G.H.O.S.T. Hunters, is due out in stores very soon so seeing your post made me wonder if our publisher was able to get it into Amazon.com too? I did a search and to my surprise it was there:

http://www.amazon.com/eGames-199007...68?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1193431997&sr=1-9

So they spelled the name wrong (Ghost Hunter is the name of an older Playstation game) and there is no graphic but we did get a review already! I've already emailed our publisher about the graphic and spelling error.

I've also checked Gamestop which our publisher told us would carry it and it was there:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=647140

#29 Aisle5, Oct 27, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  10. Tom Cain

Indie Author

Neat! Cliff, is it possible to upload screenshots to the "Share your own customer images" section under the box image? That seems like the perfect place to include some.

11. tagged

Original Member

Congrats Cliffski!

12. cliffski

13. Game Producer

Very, very nice! Congratulations!

14. amaranth

Original Member

I'm going to Gamestop this week. If I find it, I'll snap you a pic! This is really awesome. :D

15. cliffski

that would be cool actually, cheers.